Thread: Where is Dream Zanarkand?

Default Where is Dream Zanarkand?

I've been wondering this ever since I started replaying the game.

Dream Zanarkand is supposed to actually exist in real Spira, somewhere far out at sea. If that's the case, then anyone should be able to go there, right?

Why not make a game about that? Like a group of people setting out to find it during the events of FFX, find it and try to keep it there. Like trying to stop it from going away? I don't know, but it'd be interesting if there'd be a player in the story that wants to keep Dream Zanarkand. Like a Fayth that wants to keep dreaming.

^Made by Gamah Killah

Default Re: Where is Dream Zanarkand?

No, it doesn't exist, it is a dream. The real Zanarkand exists, but the Dream Z. is only there because the Fayth keep on dreaming about it and making it real, which is why it ceases to exist once they stop, and Tidus, Jecht, and everyone who loves there fade away after the fayth stop dreaming.

"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive."
    "Bang."

No, what he's saying is that Dream Zanarkand is a physical manifestation that actually exists in Spira, and has every since the Fayth kept it around. Because it's a physical place (but isn't the real Zanarkand) then theoretically anyone could stumble across it and possibly enter it. All evidence points to it being far out into the ocean, as that explains why Tidus ends up in the middle of those aquatic ruins after he 'escapes' Dream Zanarkand in the beginning of the game.

I'm under the impression that there's a barrier of some sort to keep people in and out, though that doesn't explain how Jecht got out (and how Auron got in), unless there's some story detail I'm forgetting.
    Shadoink!

When GameFAQs collides with Final Fantasy XIII...

Final Fantasy Claudus XIII!

Dream Zanarkand

A thousand years before the events in Final Fantasy X, a massive conflict, called the Machina War, broke out between the two rival cities of Zanarkand and Bevelle. Despite being a powerful machina city, Zanarkand relied on Summoners for warfare. Bevelle’s machina assured their victory and Zanarkand was doomed to destruction. Yu Yevon, not wanting Zanarkand to die forever, decided to preserve its memory. He called on all the surviving people, turned them into Fayth and placed them on Mt. Gagazet, protected by a dense mist. From their memories he created Dream Zanarkand and set it far out at sea. To protect himself and his city while he summoned it, Yu Yevon amassed a great amount of pyreflies to form an armor around him; an armor called Sin. Thus, Sin was born, with its purpose to protect the Dream Zanarkand by any means possible. Summoning both the city and Sin was a greater strain than Yu Yevon could handle; thus only his instincts to protect his beloved city remained and the spiral of death started. Jecht and Tidus, father and son, and citizens of the dream city, became real when they touched Sin and were brought to Spira to end the spiral of death that has ravaged it for 1000 years.
    - Until the world stops turning.

The dream Zanarkand is somewhere close to Baaj Temple, according to the Ultimania. So yeah, it's far out in the sea (and does have an actual physical manifestation).

I thought dream zanarkand was inside sin... but that can't really work can it?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/aguy49

--- Listen, Rate, Give suggestions. I would really appreciate it.

I got 126/150 in my grade 6 Piano exam. That's a great merit.

I am proud of myself.

Sin would have to be pretty flexible to go inside itself and terrorize Dream Zanarkand.
    Shadoink!

When GameFAQs collides with Final Fantasy XIII...

Final Fantasy Claudus XIII!

;P

I think my mind just exploded a little bit, but I'm glad that I am finally learning about this.

"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive."
    "Bang."

Lol, well at least now you know. ;)

So now that we've got that out of the way, it means that Dream Zanarkand really is there as a physical presence in Spira. Seen how far-developed Spira is, we could presume that they know the world is round and not flat, so what would keep people like the Al Bhed from seeking out at sea to search for new land?

I don't know, I've always loved Dream Zanarkand and it would be great if they made a game that is based on it.

^Made by Gamah Killah