Thread: New Video Editor!

Enjoy the Afterlife Site Staff

Cool New Video Editor!

I now have a gaming PC. A very overdone one now and last night I finally found a half decent, free video editor for it.

I needed to test it and for about 6 months I had a loose idea for a Final Fantasy XV video. This video was to highlight the sadness that the game will force the player to watch and/or experience. Tabata said the ending WILL (probably) bring players to tears.

This particular idea came to fruition because of previous success with Final Fantasy on YouTube. A XIV video past 2,000 views, one XV video hit a few hundered where normal games don't reach that high for the most part. The sequel to that XV video is sitting at over 11,000 views....I'm legit!

This video is called Tristitia Aeternum. Google says that means Eternal Sorrow. Google saying it's that is good enough for me!

11K view video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ox7UQPB0Jc

Thanks to Kat for the signature

Default When You Dance #FFXIV

When you wait for the Duty Finder as a DPS. Some people like to chat. Others disappear into social media or watch videos. Lyra likes to dance.

I got this idea while bored. I was waiting to do a dungeon as i'm working on the second relic and this music happened to be playing as I waited. This video isn't born from greatness or deep thought. This is very much, Lyra bored, Lyra dance.

When I make a small video like this, still it comes from something new to test that I learned that I could do. As you can probably tell. I can now edit on a frame by frame basis, where I could not before. With the PC, I have a decently complicated editing tool. It has two windows, one for editing a raw clip and one for looking at your creation. This is how that video came to be ultimately.

I could not do this before because I was on PS4 using SHAREfactory. I love SHAREfactory. It's so simple and quite robust. But with anything. Simplicity means sacrifice. I am glad I can do more now.

Last edited by Liro1000; 06-16-2016 at 05:49 AM.

Default Re: New Video Editor!

This is what happens when you cross Lords of Shadow 2 and Final Fantasy XIV. Enjoy!

This is now the most complicated video i've made. I had to go into the journal pages of Eorzean history and pick scenes which I remembered would work well for this.

I recorded with no music so I could add it afterward. Unlike the video on my channel with the most views. It's something i've wanted to do for a long time and nearly did with the Platinum demo for XV. I feel like this worked better than that would have though.

I am going to try and make this the standard going forward.

Default Re: New Video Editor!

I feel that no trailer for Kingsglaive gave me the hype I wanted. So I sought to make a trailer of my own. The trailer that will, hopefully, make people want to see the movie.

Self explanatory. This video was a pain but I feel it was worth it.

Default Spies and Double Agents #CantKillProgress

The search for the true threat begins here

This video was a first for me. I made this video 4 days prior and uploaded it. Over time, I realized that I could have done better. So I made the video private to go over the full thing again.

Above was when I made the original. The audio levels are all the same. It has a lot of little gameplay snippets at the start with a simple tune overlaying it. It was kinda rough. The transitions were not great.

This image is of the current version. I learned how to make transitions smoother with the editor. It has more gameplay, better done with better fitting music from the OST sampler. This is now a video i can be proud of. The opening to this game is just the best.