Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XV Summons Discussion Thread

Default Re: Final Fantasy XV Summons Discussion Thread

A train is actually quite a fitting guardian for Lucis, given it's supposed to be the technologically advanced nation!
    This is what I thought too - and I haven't seen Doomtrain since FF VIII so it would be nice for it to be in some sort of spotlight other than having the usual suspects (Shiva, Ifrit, Bahamut etc).

It does look like Doomtrain! and is that a number below it..? ( 1 ) or ( I ) ?

Maybe its not the Lucis crest, but just a fancy looking signboard near a train Station ? although.. why would someone decorate the front of a train with a skull..? Unless it was designed by Roen?
    Lol oh my word, that would be such creepy transport... Come to Platform 1: It's a one-way train ride trip to hell!!
    Would you fly in an aeroplane with skulls decorating it?! Lol

Maybe Brothers from FFVIII could be brought back as Taurus
    I totally forgot about those Brothers!!!

Stella is by herself and not related to those guys imo, her objetive might be different since she already got the crystal power like Noctis.
    This is what I keep thinking too... Stella has been confirmed as an antagonist, but if she's not working with white robes man (who is from Nilfheim), then what is Stella's true objective? I'm starting to suspect that this is about more than just Lucis vs Nilfheim... There might be a third party involved and that could very well be Stella...

It's like Noctis & co. VS Nilfheim group VS Stella... A three-way deadlock!

Which summon(s) from previous titles do you wish to make a return in the game Click "HERE" for a list of all summons in the Final Fantasy franchise. You can link an image of that
    summon we can see the design as well.

I want Ifrit, Shiva, Bahamut, Odin, Gilgamesh (but I think he might be an optional boss like in FFXII), Phoenix, Alexander, Carbuncle, Siren, Eden (not exactly sure of it would fit).

How many summons should there be in the game?

I want like at least 10. The more the merrier.

Do you want a new kind of summon? If so, what would it be? Describe it!

Nah, not at the moment.
    When someone shows thee aggression, don't turn the other cheek, turn the other butt cheek instead. - Jesus of FXN

From the new Dengeki interview, it is said that summons are ranked.

Leviathan is one of the highest rank, so that's why the beast is humongous
    When someone shows thee aggression, don't turn the other cheek, turn the other butt cheek instead. - Jesus of FXN

Defeat Summons/Eidolons in battle, use them in battle. My god I can't wait for summon battles if it's anything shown in the trailer.
    Seven years of silence for the Versus epic; and now we have the Fifteenth coming. Cheers.
    {go home homura you are drunk}

Okay, so, Leviathan is a top-rank summon.

Which other summon do you guess to be also top-rank?

amma say Bahamut

FACEBOOK COMMENTS

TWITTER COMMENTS
    Last edited by Jesus; 06-24-2013 at 09:25 PM.

SOLDIER 1st Class Site Staff Fox's Avatar

Chocobo Mog.

But like... twenty stories high. You heard it here first.
    -

"Save your valediction! We'll live to see another day!"
    "What can shame hope to keep safe? Your shield is shattered! Your oaths poison those you would protect!"
    PSN: corneliusfingers

The Doctor! Site Staff

As for summons I'd really like to see the return of Knights of the Round. That would be insanely epic on PS4

As for top tier I think neo/zero-bahamut, Titan, Alexander and a new angel looking one! (You heard it here first!)

Also I would like to see Diablo and Phoenix!

Sig and Avi by THE Val!

"Nice job you genetically perfect, cerberus, cheerleader bosh' tet! Keelah Selai!" ~Tali Zorah Vas Normandy

"The legend meets it's match, but the world is every changing...for the Fifteenth coming!"

Bahamut is a given, the only question is whether it will have a single form or multiple (like how VII had Bahamut, Neo Bahamut and Bahamut ZERO). As for other "top rank" summons; Odin, Phoenix and Alexander all have a good chance at making an appearance. I'd really like to see some of the less common summons make an appearance too, particularly Eden since it has only appeared in VIII so far despite being an awesome summon. Anima and Ultima would work pretty well too.

Quote Originally Posted by Levis.seraph View Post
    As for summons I'd really like to see the return of Knights of the Round. That would be insanely epic on PS4

As for top tier I think neo/zero-bahamut, Titan, Alexander and a new angel looking one! (You heard it here first!)

Also I would like to see Diablo and Phoenix!
    I also want to see the ones Levis.seraph mentioned... Knights of the Round? Yes please!!!
    And no FF game is complete without Gilgamesh and Odin... Oh and I also want to see Anima again...

I was just thinking about how huge Leviathan is and what other summons could be high-rank, and if so, would they be huge too? I have trouble posting pictures, but check out these links of huge summons from the game, Blood of Bahamut - I think this game draws inspiration from FF... Anyway the summons are so huge, there's a freaking city on top of them...

Titan - http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy...oncept_Art.jpg
    Fenrir - http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy...mut_fenrir.jpg
    Ifrit - http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy...amut_ifrit.jpg
    Gilgamesh - http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy...Gilgamesh_.jpg
    Shiva - http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy...amut_shiva.jpg
    Bahamut - http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy...oncept_Art.jpg
    Knights of the Round - http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy...ut_-_KOTR_.jpg
    Last edited by NightOwl; 06-24-2013 at 09:43 PM.

The Doctor! Site Staff

^Pretty good artwork! Is there similar art of other FF summons?

Phoenix as for Eden hell no! I still have horrible memories of that 5 minute boring animation to do ONE summon. Knights of the Round was long, but it was epic.

As for the other summons I can't wait to see the XV version of Shiva! So far the FFX design of her has been the best! Lets see if they can top that.

Sig and Avi by THE Val!

"Nice job you genetically perfect, cerberus, cheerleader bosh' tet! Keelah Selai!" ~Tali Zorah Vas Normandy

"The legend meets it's match, but the world is every changing...for the Fifteenth coming!"

News Translator Site Staff Zephyr's Avatar

I'm thinking more in the lines of how Type-0 handles summons, in discussing "ranked" summons:

Ifrit Class
    • Ifrit
    • Firebrand
    • Rubicante
    • Vulcan
    • Calamity
    • Ignis

Golem Class
    • Golem
    • Gigas
    • Troll
    • Ogre
    • Titan
    • M-Golem

Shiva Class
    • Shiva
    • Shankara
    • M-Shiva

Odin Class
    • Odin
    • Grimnir

Diabolos Class

• Diabolos
    • Balberith
    • Astaroth

Bahamut Class
    • Bahamut
    • Bahamut-K
    • Bahamut-0

There are also immensely powerful Eidolons known as Grand Eidolons (秘匿大軍神, Hitoku Dai Kunshin?, lit. "Confidential War Gods") mentioned in the story.

Alexander
    Ramuh
    Leviathan
    Knights of the Round

Please support my quest to be an accomplished 3D Artist by leaving a comment, sharing, or just liking my work!
    https://brianho.squarespace.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Levis.seraph View Post
    ^Pretty good artwork! Is there similar art of other FF summons?
    I think those were the only major "summons" from that game and therefore all the concept art for it - I will look around though...

I still have horrible memories of that 5 minute boring animation to do ONE summon.
    I would normally watch it for the first time, and then try to turn off the long animation if there was an option for it...

Hopefully, calling on a summon won't take long because if the gameplay itself is very fast-paced and there are even short cutscenes where you can still move around incorporated into the game, then I'm sure Nomura would want the summons to transition in as quickly as possible so as not to interrupt gameplay.

As for the other summons I can't wait to see the XV version of Shiva! So far the FFX design of her has been the best! Lets see if they can top that.
    Me too! Because I think what makes Shiva tricky is that she is humanoid - or rather, she has a human head... In art, creatures are always easier to draw than humans - well, for me that is...

Do you recon this might be Titan with a sword?

Nah, I don't think that's a summonat all.

^ I don't think that's a summon either - probably just some big-ass boss that requires a bit of strategy to defeat...