Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Kingdom Hearts 3 Unveiled

The Doctor! Site Staff

Default Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 Unveiled

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/10/...uals-and-more/

Kingdom Hearts 3 Nomura Conversations with creators interview!

Kingdom Hearts III will conclude the Dark Seeker Saga, that was a story about the “heart” that lasted for more than 10 years.
    Looking at the new trailer you can see that there’s more depth since it’s a home console game. For portable devices the amount of data is limited. Having the game on home consoles will increase the sense of scale considerably.

The action in the Kingdom Hearts series has continued to evolve, and there have been a variety of challenges while working on the spin-offs, that led to bold changes in the system. Kingdom Hearts III keeps in mind the original two games, but evolves their systems looking at the changes made in the spin-offs.

The mobility of the protagonist Sora has been increased considerably, as much as his versatility. While things are still being decided, the game will aim to balance RPG and action elements.

Sora can climb and run, inspired by the “free run” style you can see in recent action games. The ability to fly and jump has also been increased a lot.

The PS4 allows to make full use of a larger variety of actions in a wide area, and to fight a large number of enemies.

Level design changes are also being considered, like rocks falling down cliffs while climbing and enemies being given the ability to climb too.

Nomura-san aims to significantly improve the AI, with enemies and allies that don’t do the same pre-programmed things anymore.

While you can lead Goofy and Donald around, they will be given distinct personalities and will behave like thinking characters instead of just acting on your instructions.

The size of the memory of the PS4 allows the world to be made as seamless as possible and more data can be permanently resident in the memory. The number of actions, animations and effects can be increased.

Kingdom Hearts III is a numbered title that represents the passage to a new generation, so the large degree of evolution will be very apparent.

Visuals-wise Nomura-san would like to have a peculiar tone for each Disney world, rather than a photorealistic rendering.

The new shader used for the game is called “Kingdom Shader“, even if it’s not its formal name. It was briefly showcased in the video at E3, and its purpose is to “render in 3D the 2D hand painted style of Disney”. It also aims to make cutscenes that would normally be prerendered work in real time. It was not possible with older hardware, but with the new generation of hardware it is.

Nomura-san can’t yet mentions what Disney worlds will be included. He has started considering it, but nothing is ready to be disclosed. There are many Disney worlds that haven’t been used yet, and those that have already been used (and their characters) will be completely different this time around.

The use of the features of the DualShock 4 has not been finalized yet, but Nomura-san would like to use the touchpad in some form.

The integration with external devices is being considered as well, but nothing is set in stone.

He would like to put many different elements into the game, in order to create something that will surprise people and make them say “this is interesting!”

He thinks the PS4 is “too much”, and it will be a challenge to match increased expectations and to decide which features to use and which ones not to use.

Different teams at Square Enix influence each other and stimulate each other to work harder.

While Nomura-san can’t speak arbitrarily about what will happen after the Dark Seeker Saga, because the title belongs to Disney as well, he does have personal ideas for the characters and for future developments, but it’s too early to talk about it because now the focus is to complete Kingdom Hearts III.

He concludes the interview by saying that creative power has increased by leaps and bounds between the first two chapters on the PS2 and Kingdom Hearts III on PS4, skipping the PS3. The depth of gameplay will be much greater. Everyone in the team is working hard towards the day in which everyone will be able to play the game, so please look forward to more informatio
    Last edited by Levis.seraph; 10-16-2013 at 03:41 PM.

Credit to the sig creator!

"Nice job you genetically perfect, cerberus, cheerleader bosh' tet! Keelah Selai!" ~Tali Zorah Vas Normandy

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻ Site Staff

It has been confirmed that Utada Hikaru will return to make a theme for KH3: http://gematsu.com/2013/10/hikaru-ut...iii-theme-song

O: That is huge news.

"There is no such thing as coincidence, only necessity."

The Doctor! Site Staff

Hikki is back! Right in the childhood...

This game will be amazing! Fears and lies, melt away!

Credit to the sig creator!

"Nice job you genetically perfect, cerberus, cheerleader bosh' tet! Keelah Selai!" ~Tali Zorah Vas Normandy

SOLDIER 1st Class Site Staff Fox's Avatar

Yaaaaaay! You know I'm not a mega fan of the KH songs outside of the context of KH, but when they're playing over the opening videos they're fantastic. Also they have great orchestral arrangements.
    -

"Save your valediction! We'll live to see another day!"
    "What can shame hope to keep safe? Your shield is shattered! Your oaths poison those you would protect!"
    PSN: corneliusfingers

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻ Site Staff

Now it seems like her song in KH3 is "undecided". Either her father has accidentally revealed the truth before SE wanted for the news to be out, or he was just assuming things because she did songs for the series in the past. Who knows.

I had a feeling she'd write something, it would feel too unnatural having a main Kingdom Hearts title without a new Hikki song. I'd love it if she wrote a song similar to the one she did for Evangelion 3.0, 'Sakura Nagashi'.

I'm assuming her dad let this slip too early and it'll probably not be mentioned again for a while, or if it is mentioned it'll be in some ambiguous way like "That has not been confirmed yet".

Peculiar much? Competition Winner XwingsofaresX's Avatar

I had a feeling that Nomura's departure from FFXV wasn't pleasant, but from what I've read of the translated message, sounds kind of tragic, really, but that's just me.

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2014/1...om-hearts-iii/

“If I had to pick, I am a person more on the dark side like Xehanort and co., I harness the burning anger in my heart into what I create,” said Nomura. “Kingdom Hearts III’s current development explodes very much in this sense. Each time, it’s a battle with Sora and co. who are the exact opposite of myself, it’s been over 10 years and yet we haven’t reached a conclusion.

“This battle will surely last longer.

“In Kingdom Hearts III as well, I am scheming many challenges that Sora and his friends must overcome, because I myself cannot lose either. And in preparation for the great battle that lies ahead, we have this one book that looks back on their entire journey.”
    http://sqex.info/message-on-kh3-from...ial-ultimania/
    Last edited by Liro1000; 10-02-2014 at 05:06 AM.

ASSUMING CONTROL! omnislashmaster's Avatar
    Somewhere in the distant realm of Utah...

I'd reckon part of me would be a little peeved if I spent 8+ years working on a project, hindered and by damage control for FF XIV and XIII, only to have the reins pulled from upper management.

Quote Originally Posted by omnislashmaster View Post
    I'd reckon part of me would be a little peeved if I spent 8+ years working on a project, hindered and by damage control for FF XIV and XIII, only to have the reins pulled from upper management.
    Honestly, XIII-2 and Lightning Returns probably happened BECAUSE Nomura could not get his "vision" out on time and they needed to release something. :/

I can't say I'm happy about the situation, since Nomura seems pretty upset, but with the way the project was going I can't say I blame SE.

ASSUMING CONTROL! omnislashmaster's Avatar
    Somewhere in the distant realm of Utah...

Quote Originally Posted by Serah View Post
    Honestly, XIII-2 and Lightning Returns probably happened BECAUSE Nomura could not get his "vision" out on time and they needed to release something. :/
    If Nomura wasn't already spread thin collaborating on other projects, including work for the XIII sequels, you might have a valid argument.
    Last edited by omnislashmaster; 10-02-2014 at 07:09 AM.

In other news, Tabata is to take over on KHIII once he's finished on Type-0 HD and XV

Who are you
    b*tch
    ? New lunch? I'mma ruin you,
    c**t

Enjoy the Afterlife Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by fat_moogle View Post
    In other news, Tabata is to take over on KHIII once he's finished on Type-0 HD and XV
    It's ok though, because he'll make it more like Type-0 and XV! #GreatnessAwaits
    Last edited by Liro1000; 10-02-2014 at 01:11 PM.

Thanks to Kat for the signature

SOLDIER 1st Class Site Staff Fox's Avatar

No! But he'll change all the camera angles!! #killmenow
    -

"Save your valediction! We'll live to see another day!"
    "What can shame hope to keep safe? Your shield is shattered! Your oaths poison those you would protect!"
    PSN: corneliusfingers

Quote Originally Posted by omnislashmaster View Post
    If Nomura wasn't already spread thin collaborating on other projects, including work for the XIII sequels, you might have a valid argument.
    His work on the XIII sequels was near nothing. He designed Noel's face and Lightning's XIII-2 and LR main costumes, but beyond that nothing of note. I doubt designing 2 outfits and a face or two (did he design older Hope?) delayed XV for years.

Note that all of Lightning's extra costumes and Serah's XIII-2 stuff were designed by different people.

Most of his XIII contribution was in XIII itself. Unless I'm forgetting something.

His work on Type-0 was also quite lazy, with many reused designs. I mean srsly we got Grey-haired Lightning and Blond Hope with slighty flatter hair.
    Last edited by Serah; 10-02-2014 at 05:04 PM.