Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kingdom Hearts 3 Unveiled

Default Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 Unveiled

Nomura Couldn't Start on Kingdom Hearts III For A Long Time, So Multiple Spin-offs Were Created (RPGSite INTERVIEW)

RPGSite conducted an exclusive interview with the famed director and producer, Tetsuya Nomura, on two highly-anticipated games, Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy XV.

As a creator,Nomura often feels like changing things when he look back to his old games. However, with a game like Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix, he didn't feel that way - he felt that it was perfect as is.

Nomura went on and talked about his obsession with watching movies and taking inspirations from them as much as possible. He's watched so many movies, he often don't remember which one he got inspirations from. Of note, he stated before in an IGN new article that he was deeply moved by the live adaptation of Victor Hugo French novel, Les Miserables. Even though the musical genre isn't his favorite (it's actually the Horror genre), Les Mis stood out to him because of "the balance of artwork, actors and actresses, also story - if everything matches". Nomura stated that balancing out a film and a video game are two different things. With video game making, there's more staff involve to direct. It's very difficult.

In addresing the comparison between the specuated similiar battle gameplay between Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy XV, Nomura jokely replied that, well, they're both created by him. The differences are that: 1) Final Fantasy has more history than Kingdom Hearts and 2) both games are worked by two different developement teams with two different directions.

Regarding Kindom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX, Nomura stated that remastering the games was a difficult task despite what others think that it's easy. There's so much work invovled.

Nomura said that the reason that the Kingdom Hearts series has so many spin-offs in the past is because Nomura and his team couldn't prepare for Kingdom Hearts III for a long time. To fill the time gap/delay, he decided to make the spin-offs to appease the fans as much as possible so they won't forget the game and the entire series.

Lastly, Nomura said that he never felt like escaping the legacy of all the character creations that got him famous. He never felt that burden or any fame too much. He laughed and said that he's the "salary man" and "company's slave" for Square-Enix. He considered all of his character creations as his kids.
    When someone shows thee aggression, don't turn the other cheek, turn the other butt cheek instead. - Jesus of FXN

The story has certainly become messier and messier over time. I still don't understand why Nomura decided to write about Sora's heart and Roxas/Ventus/Vanitas etc. Surely there could have been a simpler way of telling the story without having to try and explain to newcomers that Sora has a Nobody who is actually the image of Ventus whose heart was broken into two and latched onto Sora's many years before, etc etc etc. I do miss the days of when it was just Sora, a boy from Destiny Islands, who travelled to different Disney worlds and fought off the darkness, before having to worry about all these other confusing characters.

I guess if you can just suspend your disbelief and take all the 'plot twists' for granted it's fine and I still love the series to death. I just hope Kingdom Hearts 3 is a lot more straightforward. Grand in scale of course, but less of adding things just for the sake of muddling things up and more of a sense of adventure and discovery.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Site Staff

LA Times have posted an article about their interview with Tetsuya Nomura about Kingdom Hearts 3. It talks about Nomura being ready to conclude the story that he has began in the first game. It does not mean that this will be the last game in series, only that they will deal with the currently presented conflicts. The series will continue past Kingdom Hearts 3.

Some of the other things that are mentioned in the article is that due to rising expectations, Nomura feels he has to deliver something really good. Technology and Disney worlds are a big part of it. Disney has changed a lot over the years and now they have to determine which properties they can and cannot use. Pixar worlds might be a possibility since Disney has acquired them since they released the second game in the series. On the gameplay aspect, Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance might hold some clues on how Kingdom Hearts 3 will play, as that game was used to experiment with different elements that could be possibly included in the future.

These things can always change later since Square-Enix tends to change its philosophies, although Nomura assures that his creative policy stays the same. To read the whole article please click "Read More".

It’s been seven-plus years since the last core “Kingdom Hearts” game was released in the U.S. Although there’s been no shortage of spinoffs in the Disney-meets-”Final Fantasy”- role-playing-game series, a 10-year-in-the-making story will finally reach its conclusion when Square Enix publishes “Kingdom Hearts 3″ on next-gen consoles.

So how did series architect Tetsuya Nomura know he was ready to start bringing many of the branching plot points outlined in the numerous “Kingdom Hearts” to an end? He just did.

“First and most important,” said Nomura, speaking through a translator, “is the determination in my mind. That will launch the project. It’s difficult to explain what kind of determination I am talking about. As you can imagine, expectations by the fans for franchise with sequels go up each time.

“Fan expectation for ‘Kingdom Hearts 3′ is extremely high,” he continued. “To respond to those expectations, I have to provide something really good. Technology is really important, as is the [Disney] world.”

Unlike other franchises that Nomura helps shape, such as the “Final Fantasy” series, “Kingdom Hearts” has a more complicating element: Nomura must work closely with Disney. Throughout the games, heroes have traversed numerous Disney-inspired worlds, encountering universes built around properties as diverse as “The Little Mermaid” and “The Nightmare Before Christmas.”

Disney looks different today than it did in 2006, when “Kingdom Hearts 2″ was released in the U.S. Disney, for instance, has long since completed an acquisition of Pixar. Characters from Disney and Pixar films will collide in August’s “Disney Infinity” platform.

Could Pixar-inspired lands make their way into “Kingdom Hearts 3″? Nomura wouldn’t budge on what’s confirmed for the game but said the biggest challenge in designing the “Kingdom Hearts” titles is working with Disney to see which brands Square Enix will have at its disposal.

“What world is available for the title is an important question,” he said. “The story — it has to be great enough to meet the expectation of the fans. When that’s ready, and I feel like I am ready, then the game can start. The counterpart that I’ve been working with at Disney the past 10 years is the same person. We have very heated discussions about this franchise, and we’ve done that for the past 10 years, but we have a steady relationship.”

And though there was never any doubt that “Kingdom Hearts 3″ would eventually be released, Nomura bristles when the word “trilogy” is used. He intends the primary games in the series to tell a story, but the franchise will continue long after “Kingdom Hearts 3″ is released. To get fans up to speed for the next-gen edition of “Kingdom Hearts,” Square Enix will release “Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix” for the PS3 in September.

“There was never a plan,” he said. “As a core game, this is finally the third, and 10 years have passed. I couldn’t call this a trilogy. There have been so many spinoffs. In ‘Kingdom Hearts 3,’ the battles that the characters have been fighting for the past 10 years will come to a conclusion. That is the plan. But the series will continue. Only the particular enemy they have been fighting the past 10 years will come to an end.”

From a design standpoint, Nomura suggested fans get their hands on “Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance” if they’re looking for clues as to where he’s heading from a game-play perspective. The 3DS game was released last year and Nomura said he is using the hand-held title’s combat functionality as an early guide for “Kingdom Hearts 3.”

“We tried many experiments in that game that will be applied to ‘Kingdom Hearts 3,’ ” he said. “If you play ’3D,’ you will get some hint of ‘Kingdom Heart 3.’”

Nomura notes that all of this, of course, is open to change. ”Final Fantasy Versus XIII,” for instance, was announced years ago and after prolonged silence on the project was officially rebranded as “Final Fantasy XV” this spring.

“Square Enix changes its philosophies pretty often,” Nomura said. “That’s something I can’t do anything with. I’m just one of the employees, so if the company decides to change, I have to follow. I’m a so-called ‘salary man.’ Of course, the creative policy I have stays the same. “

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/games...3-to-progress/

The Doctor! Site Staff

KH 3 New trailer description!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=457

- The new KH3 trailer shows something like attractions, a train summon like the electrical parade? Also fighting the Rock titan.
    - Movements on screen are really dynamic. Just as beautiful as expected for the PS4.
    - I also noticed a scene where it looked like a Keyblade variation where Sora dual shooting 2 guns.
    - Sora's new attack! Disney attractions! In the new trailer, you see the pirate ship from Peter Pan, but it's lit up like in the Electrical Parade!
    - Fighting Heartless and the Rock Titan in Traverse Town. Sora is in front of the electrical parade attraction like boat, attacking. The Rock Titan line gradually appears in front of the electric parade coaster. It seems to attack by spinning around the Titan.
    - They already said that KH3 uses an exclusive tool called Kingdom Shader, but seeing it, it's really amazing! Sora's hair sways naturally, his expression is soft and realistic, his caricature is portrayed beautifully. I want this trailer to be released immediately!
    - On the scene where Sora wields 2 guns, it seems that the guns are related to an attraction with the little green men. リトルグリーンメン is what the little green men in Toy Story are called officially in Japanese, so maybe we have Toy Story confirmed. Maybe.
    - It goes without saying that the action is great, but even flames appear really realistic! I can't wait to see what the magic will look like from here on out!
    - The special attraction attack used against Rock Titan is the Electric Parade like roller coaster you can ride! It looks a lot like the Big Thunder Mountain attraction from Disneyland. Donald and Goofy are secured by the safety bar, lol.
    - Also, there was a scene where the Keyblade transformed into 2 guns.

The KH3 trailer we've been waiting for centered on a battle scene with Sora Donald and Goofy in Traverse Town. It looked like Sora was using Aqua's Magic Wish command style. Lastly, the Keyblade separated and was held in both hands, shooting balls of light. (@ohkasaeki)

Then the scene changes and we see Sora operating a boat like in an amusement park. Probably Peter Pan. It looks like the night version of the float that Peter Pan rides in the Disneyland Jubilation parade.

The next scene looks like Big Thunder Mountain from Disneyland. You attack while riding on top of a shining coaster as the tracks surround Rock Titan, sending him spinning. Finally, Sora and co get off the coaster as it crashes into the Titan. (@ohkasaeki)

Credit to the sig creator!

"Nice job you genetically perfect, cerberus, cheerleader bosh' tet! Keelah Selai!" ~Tali Zorah Vas Normandy

Sounds amazing. KH3 is going to look beautiful. I think I'm going to have to get back in to the series. I played 1 and 2 (never completed 2 though) but none of the others. With KH 1.5 out and 2.5 out next year it gives me reason to give it another go and experience the whole of the KH saga.I always wanted to play Birth by Sleep but never got around to it. Now I can play it on big screen! And little green men...oh my god. KH + Toy Story = amazing.

Who are you
    b*tch
    ? New lunch? I'mma ruin you,
    c**t

The Doctor! Site Staff

^ I've played all of the games on PS consoles and I think I'll play them again! (TROPHIES!) Its a nice way to become up to date before the Behemoth that is KH3 comes. My body is ready!

Credit to the sig creator!

"Nice job you genetically perfect, cerberus, cheerleader bosh' tet! Keelah Selai!" ~Tali Zorah Vas Normandy

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Site Staff

New KH3 trailer will be available tonight at 11 pm PDT/ 2 am EST at this link:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=Pr9twjpM7gU
    Last edited by Kat; 10-15-2013 at 05:12 AM.

Ooooh. Excited. c:

EDIT: It's here!
    Last edited by Serah; 10-15-2013 at 07:09 AM.

"There is no such thing as coincidence, only necessity."

Watched it on Tumblr a few hours ago, it was so short but so amazing. The graphics and the gameplay and the Disney Theme Park Summons ?

I just...

Bring on this game.

That's a great trailer. The graphics and gameplay look fantastic! This game is truly going to be something special.

Who are you
    b*tch
    ? New lunch? I'mma ruin you,
    c**t

whats up with all the trains ? :O

Enjoy the Afterlife Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    whats up with all the trains ? :O
    I'm guessing they are rides in Disney World, they look more like tech demos than gameplay.

Like a kiddy God of War at one point xD.

Thanks to Kat for the signature

The graphics look good, and I'm more than happy to see the series back...but I'm not going to jump onboard just yet, honestly. Don't get me wrong, I love that KH3 is coming, but all we've really seen are graphically updated character models (no new costumes) and some gameplay ideas that aren't too far from what we got in KH2 so many years back.

I think I'll wait until more is revealed before I allow myself to get hyped up for another long-awaited SE title.

Hmm... wonder if FFXV's summon is similar in gameplay... ? If so, that would be epic-awesome.
    Can you picture it? ~Noctis riding on a Doomtrain summon, just like Sora is riding on this train..?

Quote Originally Posted by Liro1000 View Post
    I'm guessing they are rides in Disney World
    Yup !