Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XV Unveiled

Default Re: Final Fantasy XV Unveiled

The more I see of this game the more worried I am about it, I was angry with the removal of stella, with how tabata said that she didn't fit the story when it was very obvious she was a central part of the plot, and now him saying she was a passive character and luna is not, when it clearly seems it is the other way around. About the new trailer I'm also bummed that they didn't show anything new, that the gameplay demo looked even worst than the first duscae demo, and finally I don't know what to think about Regis redesign, I mean I like his new hair but, he looks much older and to be honest, I liked that he used a suit like a king in the real world would do, now with his new clothes he seems like a regular fantasy king, I mean, versus was suposed to be grounded in reality, now they are adding that noctis was chosen by the gods to be their new whoknowswhat, I mean, they're repeating the saviour thing from XIII, this might as well be because of the L'Cie/Focus thing but as development goes on it feels less and less like Versus, and I know that Tabata said that it was indeed a different game now, so my big question is why rename it and re-do it when the original pitch was something the fans wanted too much, In the end this game is going to dissapoint too many people just because we were promised something really different, even if the game ends up being good in its own.
    A Link to My Music http://dessophy.bandcamp.com/

Quote Originally Posted by theraserb View Post
    The more I see of this game the more worried I am about it, I was angry with the removal of stella, with how tabata said that she didn't fit the story when it was very obvious she was a central part of the plot, and now him saying she was a passive character and luna is not, when it clearly seems it is the other way around. About the new trailer I'm also bummed that they didn't show anything new, that the gameplay demo looked even worst than the first duscae demo, and finally I don't know what to think about Regis redesign, I mean I like his new hair but, he looks much older and to be honest, I liked that he used a suit like a king in the real world would do, now with his new clothes he seems like a regular fantasy king, I mean, versus was suposed to be grounded in reality, now they are adding that noctis was chosen by the gods to be their new whoknowswhat, I mean, they're repeating the saviour thing from XIII, this might as well be because of the L'Cie/Focus thing but as development goes on it feels less and less like Versus, and I know that Tabata said that it was indeed a different game now, so my big question is why rename it and re-do it when the original pitch was something the fans wanted too much, In the end this game is going to dissapoint too many people just because we were promised something really different, even if the game ends up being good in its own.
    We will never know how much of a role Stella played in the original story beyond the impression of a badass and the meeting with Noctis at the art fancy place. The gameplay trailer confirmed malboros and showed off a new area. That is something in my book. The theme of the game is still the same, and it's still going to have the dark tone to it. I'm speculating that Nomura wrote too much story lore for a single title, hence why modifications are taking place.
    "I'm seeing it clearer/Hating the picture in the mirror/They claim we inferior/So why the fuck these devils fear ya?/I'm watching my nation die genocide the cause/Expect a blood bath/The aftermath is y'alls/I told ya last album, we need help cause we dying/Give us a chance, help us advance cause we trying/Ignore my whole plea, watching us in disgust/And then they beg when my guns bust/They don't give a fuck about us" 2pac ft. Outlawz- "They Don't Give a Fuck About Us"

Quote Originally Posted by FinalxxSin View Post
    We will never know how much of a role Stella played in the original story beyond the impression of a badass and the meeting with Noctis at the art fancy place. The gameplay trailer confirmed malboros and showed off a new area. That is something in my book. The theme of the game is still the same, and it's still going to have the dark tone to it. I'm speculating that Nomura wrote too much story lore for a single title, hence why modifications are taking place.
    I agree that we will never know how much of a role Stella played in the original story, and that's why it sucks, not just because she seems more badass or at least as determined as Celes, but because she was at the center of the frame in most trailers, so It's somewhat obvious that she did had a main role in the story. I don't get why they kept with this game if they didn't believed in its story and concept, that was Nojima's not Nomura's (as far as I remember). They should have made XV a different title and maybe it would have been less worrying, when the game's director has to come out so often to justify changes because they are very impopular that should tell you that something is wrong. People wanted this game because all of it's original promises and concept, and most of that is gone now. Hell they even said that the airship may come but as a DLC when that was a gameplay feature that was promised since the original. I'm also worried about what game Tabata wants to do, because let's be Honest, the third birthday wasn't stellar (well, maybe it was somewhat toriyama's involvment fault), Type-0 while having really good and engaging gameplay had a story that wasn't too good, The only great game that he has put out was crisis core, but having that cast it was really difficult to eff up the story. I mean, Tabata's games all have great gameplay, but the story is not usually that good, so when he changes the story made by people like Nojima (who was the creator of the FNC mythos) I get worried.

Also, while being in the subject of gameplay, I hope the actual game has more diversity than the demo, because the demo has you grinding too much if you want to take on the larger enemies, but it doesn't offer too much diversity in the combat. They should take a note out of the souls games about how to incorporate a more thoughtful battle system (and no, I'm not saying they should make it uber difficult), because right now it feels a bit too simple, they have improved it a bit in 2.0 with the cross actions between characters, however it doesn't add that much depth. If you are going to have a battle system that is as slow as XV is, you should at least add a lot of strategy levels. You could argue that the Kingdom Hearts games (I'm comparing it to KH since it is the same team) doesn't have that much strategy in terms of the actual battles but more about preparing for them (and that might actually be the case with XV in the final game) but the pacing of the combats in KH makes the combats really fun. Hell, even Type-0 had that better. I know that Duscae is just a demo, It won't stop me from buying the game, but I have a lot of worries because I feel they are taking this the wrong direction, like if they missunderstood why it was so popular to begin with. Like the atmosphere, all the moody stuff from versus is really gone, the color palette is so vibrant now that I really believe it is not going to be that different from XIII. Also the "based on reality" is fading more and more, but that I had actually mentioned in the post above.

To the positive side of things, yes, the Marlboros look pretty slick. Actually that's the game's greatest point to me so far, the enemy design, not the AI or the fights, but the aesthetical design. They are based from the original Amano designs and it shows. The goblins in duscae were awesome. I hope the marlboros are fun to fight. That we have lots more of classic enemies with this aesthetics in mind and at the very least we should have a visual fest that we had not have in a lot of time (Not that long if you play XIV, but for us the single players). I also hope that when the game comes, you can skip the duscae section if you have beat it in the demo since it is a drag. I do have hopes for this game, I wish it is really good, It won't live up to the hype because it is a different game (which keeps me thinking they should have scrapped everything). But I hope that at least is good enough to keep the franchise alive.
    A Link to My Music http://dessophy.bandcamp.com/

Quote Originally Posted by theraserb View Post
    Yes, the biggest changes have come in the combat itself. While I don't mind the combat present now, it would have been cool to be able to switch to other characters at any given point to help create more flexibility. I believe Tabata is trying to get something worked out with another company so that Airships can be in the game. I don't believe you should worry so much about the storyline. The demo showed off a segment of the game prior to the dark turn tone setting that we have experienced in previous trailers. While the "based on reality" theme may not be as strong now, it is still taking a step farther than what FF8 accomplished imo in terms of reality. The whole crystal sabotage concept is still intact, so I am happy about that. I truly believe the original story was good, and I don't think it would be wise for Square to trash it in favor of something else. I want FFXV to be the darkest main installment in the series.

We have not gotten to use magic yet. That alone will add more strategy to the game and may even change how certain characters operate. The battle speed is fine to me as the size, number, and speed of enemies vary even in the demo. The Duscae experience in the final game could end up being quite a bit different, so I won't mind playing through it again. Noctis will acquire more Phantom Swords than what he had in the demo, so he'll automatically have more attack options later on. The group gear section wasn't available, but hopefully there will be some type of gambit setup involved somewhere to have more control over the A.I.

Hopefully there will be a release date given at PAX or TGS this year, because some people are starting to get worried/pissed off. Tabata confirmed it would be before 2017, but that isn't good enough for a lot of people, and I can understand why. If the game has DLC that isn't cosmetic, I really hope they don't charge people for it. Otherwise, the company pretty much learned nothing from FFXIII-2.......
    "I'm seeing it clearer/Hating the picture in the mirror/They claim we inferior/So why the fuck these devils fear ya?/I'm watching my nation die genocide the cause/Expect a blood bath/The aftermath is y'alls/I told ya last album, we need help cause we dying/Give us a chance, help us advance cause we trying/Ignore my whole plea, watching us in disgust/And then they beg when my guns bust/They don't give a fuck about us" 2pac ft. Outlawz- "They Don't Give a Fuck About Us"

Enjoy the Afterlife Site Staff

Thanks to Kat for the signature

Peculiar much? Competition Winner XwingsofaresX's Avatar

Been a while since I last posted, but I wanted to say that I was fortunate enough to pre-order the Ultimate Collector's Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by XwingsofaresX View Post
    Been a while since I last posted, but I wanted to say that I was fortunate enough to pre-order the Ultimate Collector's Edition.
    I hate you. :<

"There is no such thing as coincidence, only necessity."

Words can't express how salty I am of you right now. Congrats!!! I am on the waiting list as many others are.

Been a while since I posted and all I can say is "You lucky Leviathan..." You will be required to take photos and share with all of us when you get it - just so that we can look longingly at it, possibly caress our computer screens and hate ourselves because we were not one of the lucky 30 000...

~ "Just a Night Owl living my days with passion, purpose and pizzazz!" ~

Don't worry, guys, I'll be sure to share with you guys. But from what I've been hearing, we could see more of these pups coming soon. And Square's also dealing with people who are putting up their orders on eBay for double the price, so there's a slim chance that more will be available soon. Hopefully.

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2016/04/25083/

SOLDIER 1st Class Site Staff Fox's Avatar

I'll *merely* be getting the Deluxe Edition. I'm not usually one for Deluxe Editions but... comes with Kingsglaive. That's pretty good!
    -

"Save your valediction! We'll live to see another day!"
    "What can shame hope to keep safe? Your shield is shattered! Your oaths poison those you would protect!"
    PSN: corneliusfingers

So, for anyone else who is still interested in the Ultimate Collector's Edition, good news! Caveat, though, is that the second batch may be released after the Sept. 30th release date. But hey, the world's waited ten years for the game, I think people can wait another week.

https://twitter.com/FFXVEN/status/723133163158028289

Florence and FFXV...I would never say!?

My name is Goblin. James Goblin.