Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XV E3 2013 Trailer Discussion

Default Re: Final Fantasy XV E3 2013 Trailer Discussion

^ I don't really get an FF VIII vibe... But FF XV is the kind of Final Fantasy that I have been waiting for my whole life! A dark, tragic, adult-themed story that focuses on character development, human emotions and painful choices. All the songs I've heard so far - Somnus, the extended trailer music and the music from the latest trailer that revealed FFXV have been so epic and so amazing, I cannot wait for the soundtrack!! Shimomura has outdone herself and I foresee a great future for her.

The dark blue blood seems to be from the soldiers of Niflheim, so maybe they're not 100% human I guess
    Hey, maybe the soldiers are infused with some sorta magic/chemical to make them super soldiers... (well, they're not very super since Noctis wipes the floor with them, but oh well...)

I do get the vibe that the game is mature and adult. That's why I say add the red blood. I wouldn't mind or be surprise if this ends up rated M. But that runs the fear of lower sales, huh?
    When someone shows thee aggression, don't turn the other cheek, turn the other butt cheek instead. - Jesus of FXN

I want red blood too, but if they don't want to colour the blood red, then make at least make it a dark dark brown or even black... Just to make it look as something close to dark red as possible... Please SE, change the blue colour...

But that runs the fear of lower sales, huh?
    You know, I saw a LOT of under 18 kids buy and play God Of War, but hey, I'm not gonna say any more than that...

Well, there's always that worry of lower sales and I really hope that Square Enix can keep their head above water, because I don't want them to go bankrupt - because if that happens, then... no more Final Fantasy

Something tells me if this is rated M, it wuldn't matter so much. It's a main title for FF, it will sell a lot. And a lot of people love and hype for this game for YEARS.
    When someone shows thee aggression, don't turn the other cheek, turn the other butt cheek instead. - Jesus of FXN

Is it possible that Square enix had withdrawn versus after the reactions towards XIII?
    Are passed eight year....and the last trailer was before the released of XIII (2011), if I'm not wrong.

The city in the trailer is the Venice of Square Enix!!!! There is the cathedral of S.marco and the tower XD

"But, for me, star
    that never will stop from lighting,
    a too short time is granted you,
    you lavish me a light
    that in me does nothing but
    sharpen my despair."

-Ungaretti-

:|

Quote Originally Posted by RAISEI View Post
    Is it possible that Square enix had withdrawn versus after the reactions towards XIII?
    Discussions about changing the name happened one to two years after the game was revealed at E3 2006. The project became ambitious in terms of its scale and concept that developers felt the change was appropriate.

However... You never know. For all we know, the fan reaction for FFXIII could have pulled the trigger. But this would be one of those things nobody would ever know about.

GameTrailers Connects The Dots In Final Fantasy Versus-XV Trailers

GameTrailers just uploaded a new original video deeply analyzing every aspect and trailers of Final Fantasy XV (which is formerly Final Fantasy Versus XIII) in an attempt to connect the dots and deciphering facts from fictions. For those who may have been confused over the years about what this game is about or what to expect, this concise video should bring you clarity. Now, understandably, it won't answer all questions because this game is still in development. This video does a good job summing up and making sense of everything we should know so far about the highly-anticipated game.

Squirrel Emperor of the forum also has compile all of the updated information we know so far about the game, you can check it out HERE.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/z...ehind-the-myth
    Last edited by Jesus; 07-12-2013 at 05:02 AM.

I posted this earlier but on the wrong thread

Great video!!
    The Dude Abides

I thought the white-roped old man in the last line up, turn out it's one of Lucis own. Gametrailers over-analyzed it, kind of spoil it for me, now we know that guy will stab Lucis in the back

OMG I love this video - it talks about everything that I've spoken about and suspects everything that I've suspected... Of course, it's all just speculation, but it's still exciting!

WARNING: If you think that the video over-analyzed it for you and spoiled the game for you then don't read on, because I'm going to take it a step further...

I may have mentioned a few of these throughout the various threads in the forum, but some of the main points that came up for me during the video was:

1. The Lionel Luthor character suspected of being Regis' brother:
    Remember Regis was talking to someone about being the last king? It was confirmed that it wasn't Noctis and if Noctis has no siblings, then who else would be talking to a king about ruling and such if not someone related to Regis?

I'm very curious as to how Regis would have possibly died in his confrontation with Idola... After all, we've seen Noctis block both bullets and bazooka with his swords, so guns versus magic swords shouldn't be a problem. So if Regis dies here, then what went wrong? I've always suspected that maybe there was a traitor among Regis' bodyguards who stabbed him in the back - literally... and this video also suspects it...

Where was Noctis during all this? I'm guessing he was at the peace party with Stella while Regis and Idola were in the palace discussing the peaceful use of the crystal - and that's when the confrontation broke out and Niflheim's true intentions were revealed. They also then ordered the soldiers to crash the party - literally...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2. A traitor among Noctis' party:
    Remember how everyone was suspicious of Ignis? We might not be so far off... He is after all Noctis' advisor / strategist... Ignis is in a perfect position to manipulate Noctis - playing on his emotions after his father's death and getting Noctis to fall into his trap and do his bidding under the guise of it being "good advice"... And if not Ignis, then the radar will surely fall on Prompto since he's the new friend...

3. The relevance of the quote, "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so":
    This quote could apply to either Noctis' enemies, Noctis' friends, Noctis himself or Stella... What does that mean?

Noctis' enemies > Since Noctis' family supposedly acts similar to a Japanese mafia, Niflheim's actions could be seen as "justified"... However, there's nothing "good" about invading other countries like Solheim, Accordo and Tenebrae for no apparent reason other than for "world domination"... So I don't think this quote applies here...

Noctis' friends > Keep your friends close and keep your enemies closer... One of Noctis' pals may be taking this to heart and would certainly add to the theme of betrayal - it would also mirror Regis' trust in his bodyguards if Lionel Luthor is a traitor... Alternatively, the story could play with the quote and Noctis may develop trust issues, becoming suspicious of his friends, thinking that one of them is a traitor even though they really are loyal to him... Hence the "nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so".

Noctis himself > Remember Noctis wanting to get revenge 100-fold? Vengeance, anger, despair and bitterness aren't exactly positive feelings and Noctis may sink into a dark hole thinking of nothing else but to avenge his father and his country... And in his quest for revenge, Noctis may very well do questionable things that may hurt his friends and the innocent... In other words, Noctis' actions may be considered "bad" even though he thinks he's doing the right thing...

Stella > Stella's role in the story in not yet known. She was at the peace party, she is from Tenebrae, Niflheim invaded Tenebrae, so why is she one of the antagonists? I don't believe that Stella is a spy, but she certainly has other intentions if she has chosen not to side with and help Noctis. She may be on a mission for the purpose of the "greater good", but Noctis sees her as an enemy... He may believe that anyone who isn't with him, is against him and therefore is his enemy and therefore "bad". In addition, Stella may also be doing questionable things for what she believes is for the "greater good"...

4. Noctis and Stella are at the forefront of something bigger:
    "The struggle for the crystal is merely a prologue to the chronicles of a new era". It may seem at first that Noctis is hell-bent on revenge against Niflheim and getting the crystal back, but then that would be too simple and we'd know the whole story already.... The characters that play a role in this "something bigger" may be the hooded man, Etro and of course, Stella and both her and Noctis' ability to see the light...

The hooded man > He says that "the world we purport to know is ever changing, ending as we speak"... He's either talking about Niflheim invading the world or something else... He seems to be aligned with Niflheim, but he may just be manipulating them to start a war and get the crystal for himself... After all, it's easier to steal a crystal when you've got the firepower of Niflheim military and the distraction of a war...

Etro > This deity will obviously form the "fantasy" part of this story since this is a fantasy based on reality. Etro may have bestowed some sort of power to Noctis and Stella and what connection would she have to the crystal and the "world ending"?

Seeing the light > Noctis and Stella have been able to see the light since they were children. We know that they had not received any power since then, because they were talking about it during the party and that it would "give them nightmares" if the power "came at the cost of someone's life". Which means they might have received a power sometime after the party...

The question is: What is that power?

Warping? - Noctis has been confirmed to be the only one able to do this...
    Summoning weapons? - Both Noctis and Stella have been shown doing this...
    Eyes that see the light of expiring souls? - We know that Noctis has this, but it has not been confirmed if Stella shares this power... I don't know about Noctis being able to talk to his dead father, but this power certainly plays a big role somewhere in the story...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    5. Stella's involvement:
    Nomura said that Stella will "stand out" from the rest of female characters in the series... So will she stand out in terms of personality or in terms of her situation and plot?

Personality?

Kind / caring / determined girl? - That's been done with Aerith, Rinoa, Garnet and Yuna...
    Cute / innocent / overly hyper girl? - That's been done with Yuffie, Selphie, Rikku and Penelo...
    Serious / badass / hot as hell girl? - That's been done with Ashe, Fran, Lightning and Fang....

Plot?

By opposing Noctis and then swapping sides? - That's been done before with Celes and perhaps Fang...
    Love interest? - That's been done so many times though admittedly, I'm a sucker for romance so bring on Noctella if only for a short while...
    Badass female who doesn't need a man to save them? - That's been done with Lightning and Fang. Enough said.
    Death of a character? - That's also been done and I won't say more...

My suspicions of Stella are mentioned throughout this post - she definitely seems to have other intentions and a different goal. I know that FFXV is part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis lore, so she may serving a god for a higher purpose, but then that is certainly no different to what Lightning is doing...
    Either way, I'm sure Stella will surprise us - in whatever way... The latest trailer so far, hasn't revealed much more about Stella other than showing her in a flashback and her new portrait at the end, which makes me think Nomura and SE are trying very hard to hide her involvement, because she probably has a much larger role to play.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    6. Conclusion:
    The first part of the game may be about getting the crystal back, getting revenge on Niflheim and Noctis' descent into darkness... But since this may just be "a prologue for the chronicles of a new era", Stella will be revealed to play a huge part in something much bigger that may involve the world and Etro... After all, Noctis and Stella's destinies may be intertwined and "predestined by the divine"...

The GameTrailers video may relate the story to Hamlet, but what would the point be for Nomura to copy Hamlet? I'd like to think that this game is it's own story and simply just draws inspiration and themes from Shakespeare... And with themes such as tragedy, anger, vengeance, betrayal, sadness, bitterness, despair and guilt, this is going to be one hell of a game and I sure as hell look forward to it!
    Last edited by NightOwl; 07-12-2013 at 12:18 PM.

Woah, you write so much. I'll read it tomorrow. increase rep.

It's interesting. The idola guy, his name is not officially confirmed and Gametrailers assume so anyway. I don't think it's wrong, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    Woah, you write so much. I'll read it tomorrow. increase rep.

It's interesting. The idola guy, his name is not officially confirmed and Gametrailers assume so anyway. I don't think it's wrong, but still.
    Lol I used to write 10-page essays in university... I tried not to make my post too long but when you can type over 100 words a minute, you lose track of the word count very easily! Lol And I just got so lost in thought... Hope you all enjoy the read!

Yeah, I also picked up that GameTrailers just assumed his name was Idola... I guess that name was easier to use than White Robe Man... Lol... Yep, we'll have to wait until this is confirmed indeed...

@NightOwl

Wow I had so much fun to read your post, thank you!

Now I'm really excited about this game, although i was already. xD
    I now realize that the story is going to be really big, so much ways are there, how this story will go on or end.
    Therefore I don't know what Stella or Noctis are going to do.
    It's not predictable.

But still, I think the story is similar like the Romeo and Julia or/and Hamlet novel.
    That means Noctis and Stella are going to die at the end to stop the war, which I think it's not going to happen,
    because Nomura wanted to do a sequel because of the volume story. Perhaps the next game is playing in Noctis childhood.
    Or Noctis will revenge his father/country and he stops at nothing, which Etro or Stella appears to stop him. xD

In Conclusion, I just wanted to write, how good your essay was and also the story itself of this game.^^
    Fools set the rules in this world.
    Just take a look around. It's undeniable.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctis0Caelum View Post
    @NightOwl

Wow I had so much fun to read your post, thank you!

In Conclusion, I just wanted to write, how good your essay was and also the story itself of this game.^^
    It's a pleasure Noctis0Caelum! I'm glad you took the time to read it despite it's length - normally people don't have the time or the patience... You and Jesus have an eye for a good read So thanks for reading it!

Now I'm really excited about this game, although i was already. xD
    I now realize that the story is going to be really big, so much ways are there, how this story will go on or end.
    Therefore I don't know what Stella or Noctis are going to do.
    It's not predictable.

But still, I think the story is similar like the Romeo and Julia or/and Hamlet novel.
    That means Noctis and Stella are going to die at the end to stop the war, which I think it's not going to happen,
    because Nomura wanted to do a sequel because of the volume story. Perhaps the next game is playing in Noctis childhood.
    Or Noctis will revenge his father/country and he stops at nothing, which Etro or Stella appears to stop him. xD
    I believe that the story may still be predictable, but only up to a certain point... So it may be predictable where the stealing of the crystal and the Niflheim war is concerned, but after that, "the something bigger" part is a completely new ball game and I have no idea what that is and how it concerns Stella... In other words, you can predict the "reality" part, but the "fantasy" part will be so unpredictable, it'll probably blow our minds!

And I think the story may be similar to Hamlet and Romeo and Juliet, but again, only up to a certain point... Like I said, why would Nomura just copy Hamlet? That'd be too easy, too predictable and he may as well just tell the audience now to brush up on their Shakespeare, read the play and get finished! Lol

So yes, we are being lured into thinking that we know what will happen during the story and the ending because we have the Shakespeare plays as a reference, but I firmly believe this story will become it's own once the "prologue" is finished and we move onto the "something much bigger" plot...

And because Nomura said that the story is so long, the "something bigger" part must be so epic, that he's not sure if there will be a sequel or not... It's impossible to tell if Noctis or Stella or both of them will die at the end of the game (or first game if there is a sequel), since again, that would predictable and wouldn't shock us at all... But if they do die, then it's not the death itself, but the events leading up to that death that will shock us... But one thing for sure is, whether they die or don't, there will be death somewhere in this game...

I agree in that Noctis will stop at nothing to avenge his father and country - I don't think Etro and Stella will get involved in the politics and simply try to stop Noctis in his rampage, but I'm sure those two play a part in the "something bigger plot"... Stella's goal is something else and perhaps in the midst of Noctis' descent into darkness, he thinks she is the enemy even if she's not...

I can certainly understand why this will be the darkest Final Fantasy yet - we normally play as the sparkling good guys, but this game may very well warp that idea as I can see Noctis is the type to possibly drown in his own hatred and let revenge consume him... We definitely won't be playing as a squeaky clean protagonist this time... And his moral compass may not always point in the positive direction...
    Last edited by NightOwl; 07-12-2013 at 04:30 PM.

@ NightOwl
    Yes this is exactly what I thought, but forgot to write it in my post. xD
    It's so excited!
    This is really going to be a new era of the Final Fantasy series.^^
    Fools set the rules in this world.
    Just take a look around. It's undeniable.