Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy For PS4 Confirmed

SOLDIER 1st Class Site Staff Fox's Avatar

Default Final Fantasy For PS4 Confirmed

Final Fantasy Title For Playstation 4 Confirmed

Earlier today at Sony's Playstation Meeting 2013, which saw the confirmation of the next-generation Playstation 4 console, Final Fantasy Brand Director Shinji Hashimoto confirmed that a new Final Fantasy title is in production for the platform. Although there was no footage shown from Square Enix apart from the previously released Agni's Philosophy tech demo for the Luminous Engine, Hashimoto-san did say that fans should "be excited for E3". Speculation is already rife as to what form this new title will take - could it be a re-branding of that long lost friend Versus XIII? Or a completely new entry in the main franchise? For now there is no solid information, so keep an eye out for more news over the coming months.

E3 2013 will take place at the Los Angeles Convention Center on June 11-13.

Last edited by Fox; 02-21-2013 at 12:44 AM.
    -

"Save your valediction! We'll live to see another day!"
    "What can shame hope to keep safe? Your shield is shattered! Your oaths poison those you would protect!"
    PSN: corneliusfingers

Default Re: Final Fantasy For PS4 Confirmed

Re-branding Versus might be yield a positive feedback. It can be a good way to restart and refresh fans' faith and anticipation. Same game, just... re-branded! Then, with some cynicism, it's still a chancy move.

Okay, you see what I wrote up there? That's all the positive I'm going to give Versus.

I rather get a new title. Simple. Point. Blank. Period. I rather have Agni has XV and move on with it.

EDIT:

PLUS, if that Versus thingy comes out, I want it to say PS4 only. I need my prediction to be right.
    When someone shows thee aggression, don't turn the other cheek, turn the other butt cheek instead. - Jesus of FXN

Advanced Member

i definitly want them to just push versus for ps4. Maybe thats why they have been waiting so long.

Resident Bassist Site Staff streetshopkid's Avatar

Watching the event, and seeing the tech demo I got really excited when the brand director came on stage.

He announced a new game! And showed/told nothing. I was heartbroken.
    When I die will you be at my grave?

Song of the Week- "Wish I May" - Breaking Benjamin

Final Fantasy Protagonists in a Nutshell
    WoL - Silent, Firion - Quirky Romantic, Luneth - Extra Effeminate, Cecil - Epic, Cloud - Spikes, Squall - Douchebag, Zidane - Hyper Flirt, Tidus - Surfer, Vaan - Mistake, Lightning - Emotionless Hardass

I have returned from my short slumber to simply say: they really have us hyped up. And I look forward for the painful wait to E3.
    Seven years of silence for the Versus epic; and now we have the Fifteenth coming. Cheers.
    {go home homura you are drunk}

Square Enix can go to hell, still no Versus XIII and they're already announcing a new FF for the PS4? Thanks for showing off Agni's Philosophy again. What's next Versus XIII going multiplatform? MILLIONS of people have been waiting 7 years for that game now!

I doubt it's gonna be Versus. After all they did say it was a 'new' Final Fantasy game.
    http://www.finalfantasy-fxn.net/boards/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8481&dateline=134618602  0

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." -William Shakespeare

Naga plz Site Staff Crazy Knives's Avatar

Maybe they're trying make 'Versus' as a 'new' FF. Might as well be.
    Does this unit have a soul?

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻ Site Staff

Versus is a new Final Fantasy, so that can easily be what he is talking about. Don't forget he is also the producer of Versus.

I wish that at this year's E3 there's a list schedule of company presentations. That way, I just turn on when Square Enix (and Capcom and something else) comes up. Otherwise, I am tired of taking my time watching a boring show!

Okay, some people on Twitter are saying something along the line of "here goes another 7 years" I am guessing they are referring to the fear of Versus being on PS4. IF that's the case, I don't see how the math is calculated up to 7 years. O_O Premature/rushed comment most likely so I'll leave it at that.

All that "delay" (fans POV) is plenty of time for transition. I am willing to be they have a already got a lot done. Just very Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! about it, know what I mean?

BUT

Here's the thing, they showed Agni's PHilosophy at PS4 event, it's a good indication it might be Agni again at E3. Agni is new. smells like XV!
    When someone shows thee aggression, don't turn the other cheek, turn the other butt cheek instead. - Jesus of FXN

:|

They must have given Shinji Hashimoto a super hot Playboy model to fuck around with or something because who the hell would travel across the world just to make an announcement of an announcement?

Its also worth noting that Shinji Hashimoto said, We are preparing for development of a Final Fantasy title. Last year, Yoshihisa Hashimoto said that there were no games currently in development for Luminous but that they would have to start making preparations soon. Looks like they have finally reached the preparation stage. If that is the case, then I cant see it being Final Fantasy Versus XIII as that game has been in development for a while now. All the preparation for this game happened years ago. If I had to guess, Shinji Hashimoto is most likely talking about a brand new Final Fantasy title ground up on Luminous and we wont see it for a while, but may in fact get concept footage of the game at E3.

With the megaton 8GB GDDR5 RAM announcement, Id like to know how much the PS4 is going to cost because it sounds like its going to be expensive. This makes me truly believe that were going to end up seeing a bunch of cross generation titles for the first year or so until the console becomes much more affordable and has a solid user base.

Im personally betting that Final Fantasy Versus XIII is a cross generation title now. Would not be a smart move to make it a PS4 exclusive if the console itself is going to be expensive. Of course, thats all assuming it ends up being a title that releases early in the PS4s life. I do see them using Versus though to get people very interested in the PS4 and to help speed things up so that publishers and developers can move on from doing cross generation titles.

who the hell would travel across the world just to make an announcement of an announcement?
    RIGHT?! Totally absurd. He should've attended the event via SKYPE.

Shinji Hashimoto is most likely talking about a brand new Final Fantasy title ground up on Luminous and we won’t see it for a while, but may in fact get concept footage of the game at E3.
    That new Final Fantasy game better NOT be HD card game for that music notes game.

I’m personally betting that Final Fantasy Versus XIII is a cross generation title now. Would not be a smart move to make it a PS4 exclusive if the console itself is going to be expensive. Of course, that’s all assuming it ends up being a title that releases early in the PS4’s life. I do see them using Versus though to get people very interested in the PS4 and to help speed things up so that publishers and developers can move on from doing cross generation titles.
    The argument is that the game still has a large install base for PS3, right? But, using example from the past. PS3 came out in 2006. XII came out then and in 2007. It was not cross-generational. Or is that because of big hardware differences? In that case, I take it back.

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻ Site Staff

If it's really a new title I really don't want to see or hear anything about it in the next decade because there is no way they will release it in a reasonable amount of time.

Interrupted By Fireworks Crystal_Power's Avatar

Whoa! What the what? Wait!?!? Announcing another Final Fantasy and still no Versus? I'm somewhat cool with this if it's Final fantasy XV. Maybe Versus will be FF XV..
    ~Aerith Gainsborough~
    http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/XehenouSig-Blank_zpsd16257e6.png

I think Versus will remain Versus because its part of FNC mythos. XV deserves to be fresh.