Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy: All the bravest

Default Re: Final fantasy: All the bravest

@Jesus, I don't think they really cared. These sort of games have a large market in Japan. It's got the Final Fantasy name to it. Why bother play testing? It's a guarantee hit. Quick buck. The only difference now being that the west is starting to see a few of these in English.

And yeah, I have to wonder what the heck happened with FFXIV. Beta testers widely said that the game was not in a fit state for release, yet they did it anyway. It's like they were racing to do so before WoW launched Cataclysm, not caring whether or not the game was actually up to standard, believing that with the FF name alone and enough of a loyal populace to subscribe like they did for FFXI, it would be enough.

Wada said that FFXIV really damaged the Final Fantasy franchise? That is correct. And then now All the Bravest comes along. I guess the difference is, people will probably forget about All the Bravest after a month or two.

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻ Site Staff

That metacritic score probably means nothing to them. They are making a ton of money on it and that is all that matters. Besides that, it's just an app for a phone. Does anyone remember any of their FF apps before the whole iOS thing? Once this fades, people won't even remember it ever existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleur View Post
    @Jesus, I don't think they really cared. These sort of games have a large market in Japan. It's got the Final Fantasy name to it. Why bother play testing? It's a guarantee hit. Quick buck. The only difference now being that the west is starting to see a few of these in English.

And yeah, I have to wonder what the heck happened with FFXIV. Beta testers widely said that the game was not in a fit state for release, yet they did it anyway. It's like they were racing to do so before WoW launched Cataclysm, not caring whether or not the game was actually up to standard, believing that with the FF name alone and enough of a loyal populace to subscribe like they did for FFXI, it would be enough.

Wada said that FFXIV really damaged the Final Fantasy franchise? That is correct. And then now All the Bravest comes along. I guess the difference is, people will probably forget about All the Bravest after a month or two.
    -They don't care about iOS games ... like testing them out or something.
    -People won't forget this game. It will become one of the main weapons SE haters/troll use against the companies. Read. set. tumblr!
    When someone shows thee aggression, don't turn the other cheek, turn the other butt cheek instead. - Jesus of FXN

Naga plz Site Staff Crazy Knives's Avatar

I don't think SE is a terrible company at all but damn they're slipping. They're turning into Capcpom ever so slowly.
    Does this unit have a soul?

SOLDIER 1st Class Site Staff Fox's Avatar

It's such a shame as they did pretty good with Final Fantasy Dimensions. Yes the price point was kinda high (although cheaper to get all the content on that than all the content in ATB) but in return you got a 30 hour RPG with an all new story. Considering the platform that was released for it took a lot of guts to commit like that.

And now we have this. "Swipe your finger on the screen and give us money to progress". There's lazy, there's stupid and there's just plain exploitative. And it'll make them huge amounts because 1) people are dumb and 2) it has gotten loads of press. Bad press, to be sure, but exposure is exposure.
    -

"Save your valediction! We'll live to see another day!"
    "What can shame hope to keep safe? Your shield is shattered! Your oaths poison those you would protect!"
    PSN: corneliusfingers

Its all G∑∑K to me Administrator Finalfantasykid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    it has gotten loads of press. Bad press, to be sure, but exposure is exposure.
    Your right, some people will probably get the game just to see how bad it really is (though chances are they won't pay extra for any of the DLC)

Aye, if y'all check the iTunes store, the game actually has more favorable reviews than negative.

The most helpful reviewer say there's no strategy and what not.

One of the favorable review says it's a great time waster. I mean, I got a lot of free games on iPad that are great time waster and no strategy needed. Had this game been free, it'd be different response, maybe.
    When someone shows thee aggression, don't turn the other cheek, turn the other butt cheek instead. - Jesus of FXN

It's a shame that FF Dimensions has such a bullshit price structure, otherwise I would get the whole thing. I'd rather they have put it up for I dunno, 10 or something on the store along with their other FF games.

...yeah, I realise now how much I loathe overcharging people for each episode. >.>

So guys, how are we enjoying the "mobile revolution" so far? =D

News Translator Site Staff Zephyr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Garsow
    There was an interview with Naoki Yoshida, the current director of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, where he openly stated that Square Enix had been dishonest with the original version of the game — that they could simply ship out an unfinished game and hope that Final Fantasy fans would bite because of the name and be complacent because of the quality that name lent. His goal now is to restore that trust by creating a Final Fantasy game he feels is worthy of the brand name. Whether he succeeds or not remains to be seen, but it is an attitude Square Enix needs but seems is not universally shared among its employees.
    This... is just sad. And that's probably the rationale behind Final Fantasy: All the Bulls***.

Please support my quest to be an accomplished 3D Artist by leaving a comment, sharing, or just liking my work!
    https://brianho.squarespace.com/

Sadly, you need to spend more than just the app purchase price for characters. So I think this review is helpful to you before you buy the characters. You can find it here http://www.dotmmo.com/final-fantasy-...est-15991.html

Default Re: Final Fantasy: All the bravest

The iOS game defames the company. obviously not as heavy as Final Fantasy XIV, but, it still compounds the problem for Square-Enix. The company did damage control for XIV for how many years now? And then this game? You would think they would do better. It seems as though they are on a roller coaster.

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻ Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    One of the favorable review says it's a great time waster. I mean, I got a lot of free games on iPad that are great time waster and no strategy needed. Had this game been free, it'd be different response, maybe.
    If it was free it would end up with worse reviews. Now it's just people who paid money and are willing to give it a shot, free would be everyone including all the haters downloading the game just to leave a bad review. Look at Theatrhytm, which is actually a good game, but because it's free with over $100 worth of IAPs it's getting a lot of negativity.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Knives View Post
    I don't think SE is a terrible company at all but damn they're slipping. They're turning into Capcpom ever so slowly.
    Next up, Ultimate Final Fantasy XIII, Turbo Final Fantasy XIII, and Final Fantasy XIII EX.
    Seven years of silence for the Versus epic; and now we have the Fifteenth coming. Cheers.
    {go home homura you are drunk}

The Arrow of Retribution boxtroll's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Etroll View Post
    Next up, Ultimate Final Fantasy XIII, Turbo Final Fantasy XIII, and Final Fantasy XIII EX.
    Lightning Returns: FFXIII-2 Paradox Edition
    Twitter.com/BoxtrollGames
    Add me on League of Legends: Mikeboxmad
    smurf: HIIIIIIIIVEMIND

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Knives View Post
    No. While Capcom does make mistakes they shouldn't be making, even when they don't exert a lot of effort into a title, they try to make it seem as if they did. Then they try to justify their DLC somehow, some way.

Square Enix doesn't even do that anymore. They could at least pretend to have some integrity. It pains me to say that Square Enix has become the epitome of what gamers don't want to see happen. Capcom at least gives you content when you buy DLC, even if it was really there to begin with. Square Enix? The ability to play the game after you've died.