Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XIV News and Updates

Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV News and Updates

The customization looks nice. I'm glad they finally showed us what a male Miqo'te looks like. I know that's what I'll be playing as now.

When someone shows thee aggression, don't turn the other cheek, turn the other butt cheek instead. - Jesus of FXN

Resident Bassist Site Staff streetshopkid's Avatar

Final Fantasy XIV Developer's Blog Gives Sneak Peek of New Music

Hello all!
    Fernehalwes back again for another installment of the Developers' Blog.
    Recently, I’ve seen several people on the Lodestone forums express how cool it would be if, instead of pics, I could sneak a few music clips up on the blog as well. So, I donned my ninja garb, popped open a bottle of prism powder, and slipped into the shadows of the sound department—destination: FINAL FANTASY XIV sound director Masayoshi Soken's studio.
    But alas, I should have known! Soken detects his prey by sound, not sight! I never stood a chance...and now I am his prisoner, forced to translate this message...

Greetings earthlings! I now control the horizontal and the vertical. The Developers’ Blog is mine, and by mine, I mean the personal property of one Masayoshi Soken—Japan’s number one fan of knee-socks—a.k.a. Knee-Soken!

For those of you following my twitter feed (that would be all of you, I presume), you may recall a few days back I HYPOTHETICALLY asked that if I were to HYPOTHETICALLY leak a few of the HYPOTHETICAL tracks I was HYPOTHETICALLY working on for XIV, which ones would you HYPOTHETICALLY want to hear?
    Well, despite a few nay-sayers who claimed I didn't have de Balzac to follow through with my intentions, most of you were psyched about getting the chance to listen to some previously unreleased tracks. And so, I devised this über complex plan to lure project manager M into my sound lair and bend her to my will. But wouldn't you know it, Fernehalwes happened to drop by, so I guess this’ll have to do.
    Now that the blog is mine and I can do whatever I want, how about I start by leaking one of the tracks for Limsa Lominsa? Oh, and while I'm at it, how about these two tracks for La Noscea? Sure, they won't be officially released in-game until the 3rd phase of the Beta Test, but who's going to stop me? Mwahahahahaha!

The soft breeze off the ocean, the endless blue sky. Ah, what I wouldn't give to escape from this stuffy office and steal away to a place like Limsa Lominsa, where I could fill my lungs with the salty air and listen to the gulls while sipping on a glass fine wine. If I close my eyes, I can almost feel the cool sea spray tickle my skin.
    That reminds me!
    The FINAL FANTASY Vocal Collection goes on sale tomorrow in Japan...and it will contain the full, uncut version of “Answers” sung by the lovely Susan Calloway! That's right, the version you heard in the End of an Era trailer was only half the masterpiece! But now, for the first time ever, the song will be available to the public (outside of limited-edition sets sold at private shows, etc.), and that means for the first time ever, the lyrics will be unveiled!!1!
    (Um, Mr. Knee-Soken, Ferne here. I, uh, posted the lyrics on the Lodestone forums a few months back, so actually, this is technically the second time ever they will have been released to the public!)
    Silence! This is my blog, and I'll have none of your insolence! I was merely saying that it was the first time the lyrics would be released in PRINTED form!
    Now, where was I?
    Ah yes, the CD! You can find out more about it here. But be careful before opening the site at work, unless you don't think your boss'd mind the silky smooth sounds.
    And uh... I guess that's all? Very well. You can have your blog back...for now. But one day I'll return. You won't know when, and you won't know where (though it'll more than likely be here), but mark my words, you haven't heard the last of Knee-Soken! Mwahahahaha!
    We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

I love it when a plan comes together. ;)
    (cue fanfare)
    Fernehalwes.
    When I die will you be at my grave?

Song of the Week- "Wish I May" - Breaking Benjamin

Final Fantasy Protagonists in a Nutshell
    WoL - Silent, Firion - Quirky Romantic, Luneth - Extra Effeminate, Cecil - Epic, Cloud - Spikes, Squall - Douchebag, Zidane - Hyper Flirt, Tidus - Surfer, Vaan - Mistake, Lightning - Emotionless Hardass

Beautiful music, I remember hearing some of the Black Shroud's background music during one of the Alpha promo-videos and liking that a lot too. Masayoshi Soken seems like a talented composer, hopefully the rest of the soundtrack holds up.

Legacy members note

In preparation for the beta test of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn, we have an announcement for players who meet the requirements for legacy status.

Before the beta test servers go online, an e-mail containing your beta registration code will be sent to the address registered with your Square Enix Account. Please confirm that your e-mail address is correct before the codes are distributed.

Link: Square Enix Account Management System
    * Refer to the FAQ for details on confirming or changing your e-mail address.

We are still recruiting beta testers. If you are interested and have yet to apply, be sure to visit the beta test application site.

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/index.html

More screens. not really news worthy I don't think so I share it here only http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/blog/post/198
    When someone shows thee aggression, don't turn the other cheek, turn the other butt cheek instead. - Jesus of FXN

Well the PS3 version is playable, so that's good to see.

Finally, a start date! This is probably worth putting up on the front page for those that are interested in FFXIV.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Site Staff

This is definitely newsworthy, more so than some other news that are being posted. I hope I get my beta invite soon!

Hopefully I don't have to wait until one of the later phases since I signed up somewhat late. I hope the game plays as awesome as it looks in the videos.

Naga plz Site Staff Crazy Knives's Avatar

Finally. I signed up for the PS3, which if I remember correctly, isn't part of phase one but still it's nice to get an official date on the beta.
    Does this unit have a soul?

The Doctor! Site Staff

This week’s Famitsu has the latest look at the PlayStation 3 version of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. Peer into the contents of the magazine, and you’ll see PlayStation 3 screenshots of the three main cities, with all their shadows and glistening beauty.

According to the mag, the PlayStation 3 version feels almost no different from the PC version. Things such as the amount of characters displayed and background display speeds are different, however, but they don’t influence the gameplay much. The phenomenon in the alpha where too many people gathered and enemies wouldn’t properly display has been fixed, so don’t worry about that.

Finally, the magazine has a look at the three new races: the male Miqo’te, female Highlander, and female Roegadyn.
    http://gematsu.com/2013/02/final-fan...-playstation-3

Scans should follow shortly.

Sig and Avi by THE Val!

"Nice job you genetically perfect, cerberus, cheerleader bosh' tet! Keelah Selai!" ~Tali Zorah Vas Normandy

"The legend meets it's match, but the world is every changing...for the Fifteenth coming!"