Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XIV News and Updates

Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV News and Updates

the beta phase 3 part 5 starts Wednesday, also phase 4 will use a new client since that version will likely be the launch version for the client or something like that.

Enjoy the Afterlife Site Staff

Post Re: Final Fantasy XIV News and Updates

"The official website has been updated with key ally information. Meet the colorful cast of characters who will play a prominent role in your adventures in Eorzea!

Proceed to the Key Allies section: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/world/key_allies" ~ FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn on Facebook
    Last edited by Liro1000; 07-11-2013 at 06:17 PM.

Thanks to Kat for the signature

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Update Blog with "Key Allies"

The North Ameican Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn blog is updated with new information on "Key Allies", which is broken down into two categories: "The Scions of The Seventh Dawn" and "Garlond Ironworks". You can check out artworks of them below.

Please click "Read More" to view the descriptions of these key allies.
    When someone shows thee aggression, don't turn the other cheek, turn the other butt cheek instead. - Jesus of FXN

SE should rename this A Realm Reblonde. Minfillia remimds me a bit of Ashe from FFXII and Thanalan looks like he's a cross between Tidus and Vaan.

It's nice to see Alphinaud & Alisaie another set of twins, a shout out to FFIV with Palom and Porom.

And poor Cid all alone in the Garlond Ironworks. I'm sure more characters will be added in time.
    Last edited by fat_moogle; 07-12-2013 at 06:29 AM.

Who are you
    b*tch
    ? New lunch? I'mma ruin you,
    c**t

Letter from the Producer LIVE Part VII Q&A Summary

In the latest Letter from the Producer LIVE, we get more information on a comprehensive list of topics regarding the development and contents of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. You get information on phase 3 of the beta testing, duty finder, chocobo companion, and gameplay abilities and mechanics.

To view the entire Q&A, click the source link.
    When someone shows thee aggression, don't turn the other cheek, turn the other butt cheek instead. - Jesus of FXN

Noaki Yoshida Addresses Concerns about Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

The teams from Final Fantasy World and Final Fantasy Ring conducted an exclusive French interview with director and producer, Naoki Yoshida, on Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn at Japan Expo and we now have the proper English transcript!
    Yoshida was grilled with worrisome questions regarding the core ideas of the game, the duty finder, the inclusion of Lightning, and PvP.

There's a concern that the duty finder aspect of the game will make players lazy and reluctant to explore the world of Eorzea. But, Yoshida argues that the goal is to give players more options - more liberty. He doesn't want to force anybody to do anything. If someone only has 1 hour to play per day, the duty finder is helpful. You don't have to travel the world if you don't want to.

Regarding the inclusion of Lightning into the game, Yoshida stressed, once again, that there will be a reason in the storyline that explains why she's there "naturally". She doesn't just barge in the game.

On the topic of PvP, Yoshida says that it's hugely influenced by the game, Dark Age of Camelot. He wants player to enjoy PvP as a sport, not merely to murder other players.

Lastly, Yoshida says the development teams have heard the negative feedback from fans on the PlayStation 3 port and they have tried their best to push the limits of the hardware. He stated, "Just because we try hard, it doesn’t mean the speed will be improved, but we are going to do our best to make all the playable zones appear as quickly as possible. We are also going to use the feedback from the user interface. From the graphics point of view, I think we have pretty much reached the perfection for the PS3 version. We have tried so hard until the very last minute, we feel comfortable that we have managed to have worked with the limitations of the PS3 hardware as an MMO with this quality of graphics."
    Last edited by Jesus; 07-12-2013 at 11:06 PM.

Regarding the inclusion of Lightning into the game, Yoshida stressed, once again, that there will be a reason in the storyline that explains why she's there "naturally". She doesn't just barge in the game
    Lightning awoke.

"Is this...Pulse? I...I did it. I restored the world to its former glory."

*Lalafell and other mysterious beings roam past Lightning*

"This can't be right...where am I?"

*An Airship lands nearby and a man steps out. Lightning stands on guard*

"Who are you? And where am I?"

"The names Cid. And this is Eorzea."

"Eorzea?"

"Correct. Long ago this land was destroyed. Apparently due to the effects of an event in another world. Many were killed. And it's ALL YOUR FAULT"

"What?"

"Legend tells us a woman would appear. That woman led to our land being destroyed. A paradox occured that ripped through time and space and entered our world. Now we live in A Realm Reborn anew...and you must face the consequences...

...Eorzeans, kill her!"
    Last edited by fat_moogle; 07-13-2013 at 07:00 PM.

Who are you
    b*tch
    c**t

Poor Lightning. Nothing ever goes well for her.

"There is no such thing as coincidence, only necessity."

Witchtanic Hellucinations Nespithe's Avatar

I thought they were only putting her costume into the game, what the bleedin' hell?
    YouTube: Nespithe.
    PSN: Codguy1 (I didn't name it!)

"We’re supposed to think we’re created to serve – when
    domination is in our nature".

^She is a character in the game, that and it seems Snow's outfit along with some XIII weapons too. The game im enjoying so far minus some framerate issues. I'll buy it when it's out and I will tolerate Lightning being omnipresent in every future Final Fantasy.

Right until this character from Final Fantasy XXVII gets so annoyed with Lightning trying to hog the limelight, that she makes a 'Saw-esque' incident occur.

I sure hope Lightning isn't intertwined with the main story to XIV.

Post Re: Final Fantasy XIV News and Updates

Before Meteor - Final Fantasy XIV Original Soundtrack

Here is an odd bit of news, but it's interesting. This soundtrack is now up for preorder on the Square Enix Boutique, the french online store. It is €45.99 and comes with quite alot of content.

• Over 5 hours of music, 104 tracks and the opening cinematic of the game "A New Beginning", remastered in 5.1 Surround Sound.
    • The initial draft contains a code to unlock an exclusive, and I direct quote, "mascot mechanical Dalamud".
    • Note that it is a blu-ray and therefore you can't ue it as a normal audio CD in your car, however on PC, you can get the mp3's off the disc.
    • The soundtrack was imported from japan.

The soundtrack is out 14/08/2013.

Here's the direct translation from Google on the website

"Proposant plus de 5 heures de musique, 104 pistes et la cinématique d’ouverture du jeu « Un nouveau départ » remasterisée en son surround 5.1, ce Blu-ray vous plongera complètement dans le royaume d’Éorzéa !

Avec le tirage initial uniquement, vous pourrez obtenir un code permettant de débloquer une mascotte exclusive : le Dalamud mécanique. Notez que vous ne pourrez utiliser ce code qu’à la sortie de FINAL FANTASY XIV : A Realm Reborn. Ce code bonus devra être utilisé avant le 31 décembre 2014.

* Notez que cette bande-originale n’est pas un CD audio. Un lecteur Blu-ray est nécessaire.
    * Les possesseurs d’un lecteur compatible Blu-ray sur leur ordinateur pourront récupérer des versions mp3 de toutes les pistes.
    * Cette bande-originale a été importée du Japon."
    Last edited by Jesus; 07-15-2013 at 12:07 PM.

I've never bought a Final Fantasy sound track before, and I doubt I ever will. I'll just enjoy the music in-game, and maybe listen to a few on youtube from time to time.

The whole meteor thing wreaks of FFVII.

Who are you
    b*tch
    c**t

I don't get the intial draft part. wtfudge?

I think they mean the first batch of copies will have them? I dunno but I do want some of the music i've ben hearing through A Realm Reborn.

Quote Originally Posted by Liro1000 View Post
    I think they mean the first batch of copies will have them? I dunno but I do want some of the music i've ben hearing through A Realm Reborn.
    Collector's Edition maybe?

EDIT:

New Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Trailer Shows the Fashion of Eorzea as Beta 3 Closes

This morning the third phase of the beta of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn ended, but to help fans with the upcoming withdrawals Square Enix released a new trailer that premiered yesterday during a live broadcast on Nico Nico, showing a large number of characters in the game and giving a glimpse on the variety of customization that can be achieved and on the equipment characters will be able to wear.

LINK
    Last edited by fat_moogle; 07-15-2013 at 03:51 PM.

Who are you
    b*tch
    c**t