Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XIV News and Updates

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻ Site Staff

Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV News and Updates

Summary of what was said during the first English Letter from the Producer Live: http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/06/...producer-live/

- First of all, Yoshida revealed that the Scholar Job will evolve from the Arcanist Class. Both Scholar and Summoner will branch off from Arcanist. In the future players can expect multiple jobs to branch off from other classes as well.
    -Arcanist will use Carbuncle as a pet, Summoners will have Ifrit-egi, Garuda-egi, Titan-egi (like the Egis in Final Fantasy XII) and more. Scholar will also have a pet in the form of a healing fairy. While white mages are focused on big heals on single targets, scholars will be more focused on healing all party members over time. They will have a different role in party play (we won’t be needing two white mages anymore for full party content, looks like).
    - Fairies will change stance depending on the type of battle, and will also change appearence with different roles.
    - Summoner’s Egis will have different roles as well. Titan-egi will be a tank, Ifrit-egi will be a damager, Garuda-egi will be a caster.
    - We also learn that the team would like to release something in terms of new classes or jobs before the first expansion. They also hope to finish the PS4 version and the DirectX 11 PC client within the first year after launch.
    - The city state of Ishgard will come with the first expansion, but there will be a questline leading up to the opening of those gates, to let players learn about the city and its inhabitants.
    - The fisher class will come with beta phase four, and it’ll be something that will work in a relaxing way, like communicating with nature. The job will be based on choosing one’s rod and bait depending on several factors. While fishes won’t be very valuable, there will be achievements and perks for catching large ones.

- Between the end of phase four and early access there will be only between one and three days of downtime.
    - With housing there will be several permission settings to allow entrance to other people. The Free Company chest will also have its own access permission system.
    - At the beginning only free companies will be able to purchase houses, then, if everything goes well that functionality will will be expanded to single players.
    -There will be different versions of dungeon tokens that will allow players to purchase different kind of items, in the case they won’t get the drop directly.
    - The team still didn’t have the perfect idea to implement a card-based minigame.
    - Between zones and dungeons there will be about 40 at launch, with the ability to expand to 80 through patches.
    - There will be both instanced primal battles in which a light party or a full party will take on a single primal that will have different modes. There will also be F.A.T.E. primal battles, for instance Odin or Behemoth, in which everyone gets together and fights together. They will also have different phases.
    - Skirmish-type battles will come back, but this time they will feature famous Final Fantasy bosses.
    - In Phase 3 of the beta a lot of effort has been put into creating interesting and challenging quest battles, including the main scenario quests. Don’t forget your antidotes! Don’t sell them!
    - Chocobo bardings will be craftable, alongside custom parts for Magitek armors as well.
    - The team is thinking about implementing a mentor system within free companies.
    - A system to combat RMT is in the planning phase.
    - The relic quest hasn’t changed that much, but it’s going to be a lot easier than in 1.0. It’ll still be challenging but there won’t be any more Hamlet defense to do.

Anyone else play the beta? I thought it was a lot of fun - so much so I actually preordered it about 20 minutes ago...

New Artwork of Lancer, Marauder, Conjurer, and Arcanist

North American Final Fantasy XIV blog uploaded new artwork of Lancer, Marauder, Conjurer, and Arcanist. The other two pictures show the producer/director (Yoshida-san), the UI lead (Minagawa-san), and the design lead (Takai-san) working together and posters of the jobs and classes.

Enjoy
    Last edited by Jesus; 06-21-2013 at 04:58 AM.
    When someone shows thee aggression, don't turn the other cheek, turn the other butt cheek instead. - Jesus of FXN

Square-Enix Presents E3 Live Interview with Naoki Yoshida and Ryutaro Ichimura Now on YouTube

Square-Enix has uploaded last week Square-Enix Presents E3 live interviews with Naoki Yoshida and Ryutaro Ichimura. Yoshida spoke about Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn while Ichimura spoke about Bloodmasque. The interview is entirely Japanese; however, these Q&A's have already been translated in English text last week. FXN is posting this video to let anyone who wish to re-watch the raw interview in video format.

Enjoy!

When someone shows thee aggression, don't turn the other cheek, turn the other butt cheek instead. - Jesus of FXN

USGamers Exclusive Interview with Naoki Yoshida on Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

USGamers has a lengthy and exclusive interview with the Naoki Yoshida, director and producer or Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (FFXIV:ARR). I've condensed the interview below:

Yoshida explained that the Final Fantasy elements in the FFXIV:ARR could incentivize console gamers to give it a chance. He asserted that it's the communication between players, not the big corporation, that's the best marketing asset to increase the game's popularity.

In order to ensure and balance the difficulty and longevity of the FFXIV:ARR, Yoshida said that the level cap in the game is set at 50 and there are end game contents. More end game contents are in the works right now as well. It will be easier to reach level 50 in this game than in the previous MMORPG, Final Fantasy XI. The leveling up stage is just for tutorial. These factors ensure the durability of players in the game.

Yoshida emphasized that reaching level 50 doesn't mean game over. The story will progress with new and challenging quests and dungeons, adding more to the player's overall experience. Level 50 is actually starting point of the game.

The armory system is created to tailor to the player's mood and lifestyle even post-level 50 gameplay. The intention is to give the player a great deal of freedom. If you don't want to be a gladiator today, you can switch it up and be a fisherman and relax.

When you start the game, you have a set class for the first 10 levels. After that, if you wish to change class, all you have to do speak with a guild master of another class to unlock it. Then, change your weapon and you'll change your class. It’s that simple!

There are seven battle classes, nine battle jobs, and 11 crafting and gathering classes in the game. The varieties and plentiful classes and jobs will give players more choices. And they can choose with ease through the Armory system.

Also, with this adaptable system, the player doesn’t have to make a whole new character to experience new class quests. Just change the weapon! Players make new characters if they prefer a different and new look. In other games, players run into the problem with inventory, so they make new characters to make up for the lack of it. However, this game has a large inventory broken down into an inventory and Armory chest.

90 percent of the game can be experienced with one character. The other 10 percent is from the three different city-states that the player starts from until level 15.

Lastly, the Yoshida expounded on the reason behind making a clean-slate with FFXIV:ARR. He stated that it wasn’t wise make small updates to repair the game in terms of servers and graphics to list two. Rather, the best approach is to start over, a fresh start.

To view the original transcript, click the heading.
    Last edited by Jesus; 06-22-2013 at 01:23 PM.

Sounds confusing! Guess I will need to play it myself before I really get a true understanding of it.

Who are you
    b*tch
    ? New lunch? I'mma ruin you,
    c**t

I'm envious of those who gets to play this game.

Its all G∑∑K to me Administrator Finalfantasykid's Avatar

Do you want to get in the Final Fantasy XIV PS3 Beta, but don't yet have a code? We have a solution to that problem! Square Enix has provided us with 135 Final Fantasy XIV PS3 Beta codes to distribute.
    To get a code, Register or login to the Forums and send a private message to Finalfantasykid. Instructions on how to use the code will be provided when you get the code.

Update: Thanks Everybody for the huge response. Unfortunatly we are now all out of codes. Congratulations on the 135 people who are now playing in the PS3 Beta.
    Last edited by Finalfantasykid; 06-26-2013 at 05:10 AM.

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻ Site Staff

^ Make sure to save a code for Liro1000. I know he wanted one really bad, but I think he's been out for a few days.

I asked for one, haven't received anything yet.

Its all G∑∑K to me Administrator Finalfantasykid's Avatar

I asked for one, haven't received anything yet.
    I was backlogged pretty badly. You should have recieved a code.

Prince of Swiftness Site Manager Setzer007's Avatar

Awww man I wanted ome of these i was gone mostly all day yesterday! There aren't any of these left at all!? o.O

-Setz-

came across a cool photo

http://i1.minus.com/isdHSOF40l0fX.png

Thats a good photo. Looks like a great community so far.

Who are you
    b*tch
    ? New lunch? I'mma ruin you,
    c**t