Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bravely Default: Flying Fairy Confirmed for 3DS

:|

Default Bravely Default: Flying Fairy Confirmed for 3DS

Website

Japanese Website: http://www.square-enix.co.jp/bdff/

News

Bravely Default Screens and World Details

Square Enix released a new batch of screenshots for Bravely Default Flying Fairy today. The screens show main character Tiz, a few new areas of the world, and also provide a glimpse at the game's battle system.

Tiz is a kind and just 16-year-old who somehow manages to survive when his home town is sucked into a giant hole that opens up in the ground. He meets the game's heroine, Anies, who's out to stop the invading darkness that follows the disaster. Setting off on his journey with Anies, Tiz is deeply saddened that he was unable to save his sole relative, his little brother.

The world shots show a kingdom in the center of a desert which houses a shrine for the wind crystal. The kingdom developed through wind power, but now the wind has stopped, and power is attained through day and night manual labor. The people also struggle because of rampant piracy and control of water by corporate interests.

As for the battle screens, Square Enix shared just a couple of shots and teased that the game will have some new elements on top of the standard turn-based fare. Details will be shared in the next update.

The Meaning of Bravely Default
    Find out what the name means and how the Steins;Gate scenario writer got involved.

Were you under the assumption that Square Enix selected the title for its new 3DS RPG Bravely Default Flying Fairy by just randomly picking out words from the dictionary? It turns out that, just like a seemingly nonsensical Tetsuya Nomura Kingdom Hearts subtitle, there is some sense to the Bravely Default name -- or at least part of it.

In a recent Famitsu interview the game's scenario writer Naotaka Hayashi, of Steins;Gate fame (he's the one in the grey t-shirt in Famitsu's article), and producer Tomoya Asano explained the meaning of the Bravely Default part. The concept of the game's scenario, said Asano, is expressed in the Bravely Default title. It means "Have courage and renounce the promises and responsibilities that are expected of you." In other words, don't just blindly do what you're told, act according to your will.

You may be able to see how "Bravely" and "Default" can come from that. Unfortunately, the two did not discuss the meaning of the Flying Fairy part of the title.

The interview also touched upon how Hayashi became involved in the project. Things first began when assistant producer Shinji Takahashi recommended that Asano try out Steins;Gate. Asano wanted Bravely Default to have appealing and likable characters and a scenario that surprised players. He found these qualities in Steins;Gate, and asked 5pb., Takahashi's employer, if it would be possible.

Hayashi's role involves such things as creating the plot and the character settings. While he's splitting up some of the more detailed work with Square Enix and developer Silicon Studio, he's writing much of the text.

Square Enix made some requests of Hayashi, with Asano emphatically stating that he wanted emphasis placed on the characters. Asano explained that he wanted the bad guys and good guys alike to have appeal. He also asked Hayashi to make the target age a bit higher. In the end, he believes the game's world setting became deep and rich.

Bravely Default Scenario Penned by Steins;Gate's Naotaka Hayashi

Square Enix released the second demo of Bravely Default default today. While the demo's release had been announced earlier in the week, its release was accompanied by a new announcement: the game's scenario is being handled by Naotaka Hayashi, scenario writer of 5pb.'s adventure games Steins;Gate, Chaos;Head and Robotics;Notes fame.

Visit the game's official site for a desktop accessory download.

Meet the Bravely Default Main Character on Wednesday

Square Enix has formally announced the second Bravely Default demo that was unveiled in Jump earlier this week. The formal announcement came with a date: Wednesday, March 28.

Producer Tomoya Asano shared details about the demo at the game's Square Enix Members site. The theme this time is "walking around town," explained Asano. He said to expect something far more game-like compared to the first demo.

The demo will also include a new AR movie. While previous AR movies featured heroine Anies, the new AR movie will feature the Tiz character, who was introduced in Jump (you can see him in the above screens). Tiz is actually the game's main character.

Here's a pic of Asano holding AR Anies in his hand:

Second Bravely Default Flying Fairy Demo Detailed

The upcoming issue of Jump has first details on the second demo for Square Enix's 3DS RPG Bravely Default Flying Fairy. This one is titled "Demo Vol.2: Heroes of Despair Volume."

Jump does not provide an availability date. However, when Jump shared the name of the first demo on February 25, we got the demo on February 29. Assuming Square Enix is maintaining the same PR schedule, we could get this second demo as early as the 29th.

Tales Source, which gets Jump in advance, also reports that the magazine introduces a new character, a boy named Tiz Oria. Voiced by Mitsuki Saiga, Tiz miraculously managed to survive the huge calamity that left a giant hole in the continent -- the event that is central to the Bravely Default story. He decides to help Anies find a way to stop the coming darkness.

Bravely Default Flying Fairy Voice Recording Complete

Square Enix has completed voice recording for its new 3DS RPG Bravely Default Flying Fairy. The game's official Facebook page posted notice today along with a pic of voice actress Ami Koshimizu celebrating the job well done.
    Bravely Default Developed by Silicon Studio
    3DS RPG coming from maker of 3D Dot Game Hero, not Matrix.

The mystery developer of 3DS RPG Bravely Default has been revealed, and it's not Matrix. The game's official Twitter reveals the developer to be Silicon Studio.

As noted by the Twitter post, Silicon Studio is known for their middleware. However, they do also make games, most notably 3D Dot Game RPG. The studio has other ties to Square Enix through its Orochi Engine, which is being used by developer ByKing for arcade gun shooter Gunslinger Stratos.

Many had assumed the involvement of Matrix, the studio that produced the remakes of Final Fantasy III and IV and Four Warriors of Light on DS.

Bravely Default Demo Hits on Wednesday

Square Enix has officially announced the Bravely Default Flying Fairy demo that Jump teased in its latest issue. The demo will be released to the e-Shop on February 29.

The demo is titled "Bravely Default Demo Vol.1 Crystal Maiden Vol." It includes a new AR movie featuring heroine Anies (you'll recall that Square Enix released an AR demo featuring her back at the game's announcement) and an actual playable demo where you control a character and experience the game's "visual concept."

Square Enix says that this demo is part of a series of demos that will introduce the world, gameplay systems and characters.

The Bravely Default official site was also given a refresh today. You'll find a look at the world and a trailer.

Next Bravely Default Demo Detailed

Square Enix announced a while back that its 3DS RPG that's still named Bravely Default Flying Fairy would be getting a second demo at some point. Today, we have a few details via Jump (and early Jump getters, Tales Source).

The demo is titled Demo + AR Vol.1 - Crystal Maiden Volume. The AR part of the titel is presumably a reference to an AR component similar to that of the first demo. The "Crystal Maiden" of the title is a 17-year-old girl named Anies. She controls the "Wind Crystal" and sets off on a journey, lead by the Crystal Spirits.

Jump does not list a release date for the demo, but the fact that they're mentioning is probably a hint that we won't have to wait too long. Expect to hear something next week, after the latest Jump hits shops.

A Handfull of Bravely Default Videos

Square Enix updated the Bravely Default Flying Fairy official site with a series of short gameplay clips showing off the game's dungeon and pub components, and the currently available AR demo app. Access the clips in the "gallery" section of the site.

Bravely Default Trailers
    Take a look at Square Enix's retro 3DS RPG.

Square Enix has posted two trailers for Bravely Default at its YouTube channel. The first of the clips is the game's short Tokyo Game Show trailer. The other is the lengthy introduction clip that was released following the Nintendo Conference event early last week. It has game industry VIPs speaking about RPGs.

Take a look at both clips below.

Team Bravely Default discuss jobs, the ridiculous name, and more

During the Tokyo Game Show last week, Inside Games was able to quiz Square Enix's Tomoya Asano about his newest RPG, Bravely Default Flying Fairy for 3DS. Here are some of the main points made by Asano during the interview:

The Girl

The girl who appears in the illustration you see on this page is one of the game's four main characters. She's also the girl from the AR movie.

Battle System

The game's battle system mixes jobs and abilities. It's close to Final Fantasy V in image. Like a "standard RPG," it will have random encounters and will be turn-based.

The Name

Inside pointed out that the game's subtitle, "Flying Fairy," can be shortened as "FF," which is also the short form of Final Fantasy. Asano joked that this wasn't on purpose. In the main visual, there's a light that can be seen above the heroine. This the "flying fairy" of the subtitle.

Scenario & Sound Staff

Asano did not share the game's scenario and sound staff with Inside. However, he did say that they're using people who've previously not worked with Square Enix. He'd only describe them as "interesting people."

First Look: Square Enix's 3DS RPG Bravely Default

Square Enix has a new RPG in development for 3DS. Titled Bravely Default, the game promises a classic style RPG experience, while at the same time offering new features through a mysterious AR card system. The game is produced by Tomoya Asano and has characters from Akihiko Yoshida.

You can get a sampling of the game via the Nintendo 3DS e-Shop. Square Enix has made available an "AR Demo App" at the e-Shop. This special promotion video makes use of a special AR card, which can be obtained at the Tokyo Game Show later this week, and via the game's official site starting on September 22.

Square Enix will have a giant AR card in its booth at the Tokyo Game Show, allowing visitors to view life-size versions of the characters. In a video clip at Nintendo's press conference information site, Asano said the game will have a demo booth at TGS, but it's unclear if this means attendees will actually get to play the game itself or if he's referring to the AR demonstration.

Visit Nintendo's information page for footage of the game and of industry VIPs playing the AR app. Square Enix also opened a teaser site today.

See How Square Enix’s New RPG, Bravely Default, Uses Augmented Reality

Trailers, Gameplay and Demos

Jump Festa Trailer

Nintendo Conference Introduction Trailer

Official TGS Trailer Released by Square-Enix

Gameplay

Bravely Default: AR Demonstration (English Subs)

Download Demo Footage

Screenshots

More AR screen shots.

More screen shots here.

Batch 1

Batch 2

Artwork

Last edited by Squirrel Emperor; 03-30-2012 at 07:08 AM.

Default Re: Bravely Default: Flying Fairy Confirmed for 3DS

Like the art style and visuals, but the name ughh! SE (and japanese developers) need to start coming up with better names, at least their not slapping FF on it (a new IP maybe?) I'l keep an eye on this one.

Great to see a new Come out, I was very surprise to see that at the 3DSC. Looking forward to more.

Sign here, it wouldn't hurt to just help a little
    Pencils are your swords. Books are your shields.

The Doctor! Site Staff

Looks interesting even if the name is extremely ridiculous! I wonder if they will keep the title if it comes to the west? At any rate it slightly reminds of of the tactics games...the sprites are really similar! There's also a hint of camelot's golden sun in there too!

Sig and Avi by THE Val!

"Nice job you genetically perfect, cerberus, cheerleader bosh' tet! Keelah Selai!" ~Tali Zorah Vas Normandy

"The legend meets it's match, but the world is every changing...for the Fifteenth coming!"

This could very well be the game that we all thought was the sequel to The Four Warriors of Light. Tomoya Asano, who was the producer for T4WoL on the NDS, is the producer for Bravely Default: Flying Fairy, which means that the company behind this could be Matrix Software.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thinks this game has a ridiculous name! But everything else about it looks good so far! And I agree with Squirell, this must be the ??? game on the map. I mean they must be hoping for big things with this game, especially after that build up.
    Last edited by fat_moogle; 09-13-2011 at 08:47 AM.

Who are you
    b*tch
    ? New lunch? I'mma ruin you,
    c**t

YOu have to admit, asides from teh title, its the artwork that catches you eye instantly... I wonder if tghe system will be like an improved version of the 4 warriors of Light system..
    俺わノエルです。。。お前の定め、俺が決める.
    戦うの極

Official Noel.. Noel Kreiss of FXN Network/ FXN RP

The Doctor! Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by fat_moogle View Post
    I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thinks this game has a ridiculous name! But everything else about it looks good so far! And I agree with Squirell, this must be the ??? game on the map. I mean they must be hoping for big things with this game, especially after that build up.
    Nah I don't think all that secrecy will be for this...its not THAT impressive at this point...well more that I hope it isn't the mystery game. I expect something far better!

Sig and Avi by THE Val!

"Nice job you genetically perfect, cerberus, cheerleader bosh' tet! Keelah Selai!" ~Tali Zorah Vas Normandy

"The legend meets it's match, but the world is every changing...for the Fifteenth coming!"

Prince of Swiftness Site Manager Setzer007's Avatar

Why would SE have a mystery game to be shown at the event and have it revealed by Nintendo 2 days before they even take the stage. I'm hoping this isn't the case. I really don't mind the name of this game other than it's extremely annoying to say. Oh, and minus the "Flying Fairies." :p

-Setz-

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Site Staff

The art direction of this game looks pretty cool. I'll definitely be on a lookout for where they are planning to go with it. I am not too crazy over the name, though. There is no way it will work out well in the other regions. Fairies, lol? Also, AR must die.

Stupid title (I mean the Flying Fairy part), but the art style seems beautiful yet again and I'm getting a vibe of Tifa from the seventh image.
    Seven years of silence for the Versus epic; and now we have the Fifteenth coming. Cheers.
    {go home homura you are drunk}

Probably the dumbest name ever thought of for a game. But the game itself looks cool.
    The Dude Abides

While the title is odd. At least it's a new IP.

Prince of Swiftness Site Manager Setzer007's Avatar

It looks great. I'm quite sure it's gonna have good music too judging from what i've heard so far.

-Setz-

Totally liking it. Hating the title though. "Flying Fairy?" Seriously. >_>

(Im)patiently waiting for Final Fantasy Type-0 to be released oversea
    "They controlled us. Now we'll fight through each and every one will start new."
    Twitter | Tumblr | Facebook