Thread: Howl's Moving Castle

Prince of Swiftness Site Manager Setzer007's Avatar

Thumbs up Howl's Moving Castle

about a month ago i was introduced to this movie by my ex and i was a little freaked out and confused when i first saw it, so i decided to get a better understanding of the movie so i watched it again and again and even again. This movie is the most amazing Oscar nominated animated film out their right now, if u haven't seen it please do so RIGHT AWAY! you dont know what your missing. After seeing this movie i decided to watch all Hiyao Miyazaki films but none of them even come close in comparison with "Howl's Moving Castle". Yes, not even "spirited Away" and that one even won an Oscar. This poor girl "Sophie" is her name, the main character go's on a wild adventure..and i MEAN WILD! and no matter what happens to this girl she still yet has so much heart...iv never seen a movie with such HEART it was amazing. Iv got teary eye'd a couple of times and i have no shame in saying that because after all we are all human and if u cant cry or get teary eye'd then that just simply means you have no heart. This is what a movie should be. The strange cast of characters keeps you drawn in and the story unfolds itself beautifully. This is also one of the best Love story's iv ever seen..EVER. Buckle in and take a ride with this beautiful movie i promise you that you will like it and if it doesn't quite make sense the first time. WATCH IT AGAIN!..i must have seen this movie id say roughly about 17 times now. OH, and there is this song that always plays out through the movie thats good. I carry this movie in my pocket and show it to all my friends when i meet up with them. Bottom Line is is that this movie is LEGEND and anybody who say's other wise has bad taste. Gentlemen if u have a special someone in your life(significant other) i highly recomend you pop this movie in and tell her Just watch the whole thing. Guarantee one off you will cry and who knows you just might get some ;) May God be with you...One Love!

(Quote from the movie)

"They say the best burn brightest when circumstances are at their worst"

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻ Site Staff

Default Re: Howl's Moving Castle

You're going all hardcore about this movie xD. I enjoyed it back when I watched it, but felt like Spirited Away had more to it. Both movies are great though.

Spirited Away was good dont get me wrong..it was the first Miyazaki film i saw. A girl stumbles into a mystic spirit world and has to save her parents because they r pigs or whatever...it was a good movie. Howl's on the other hand hits all of the cylinders..it has so many different type of emotions that u feel throughout the movie. laughter, joy, anger, scared, confusion, Love. All of the major components are there as to where Spirited Away was just a type of mystic fantasy type of story. Howl's should have won an Oscar it deserved it..what normal human being can watch a movie 17 times..but then again i wouldnt consider myself normal ;)

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻ Site Staff

I can easily say that I felt those emotions with Spirited Away, and I think there is much more than just saving parents. Those pigs are just there to teach one of the lessons, but they're not the whole point of the story. Watch it 17 times as well, may be you'll be able to see beyond that. ;)

The Plague of Sorrow Depression Moon's Avatar

I never saw Spirited Away, but I did see this and enjoyed it. You don't get too many Japanese animated movies to come over here. I think this movie was in theatres at some point. It probably didn't do well because it was foreign.

Studio Ghibli did realese a DVD collection of their past productions before. and yeah Howl's work had a very light love story to it... its sort of like Dr Who to some degree as well
    俺わノエルです。。。お前の定め、俺が決める.
    戦うの極

Official Noel.. Noel Kreiss of FXN Network/ FXN RP

@ kat well duh there is much more to it but i saw that a long time ago and i do remember feeling a lot of emotions...different kinds. Im just sprung on this movie right now u know. I dont really feel like watching Spirited Away 17 times...id rather watch Kiki's Delivery Service 17 times...oh and Kat..Iv had about enough of your shit. ;)

I loved Howl's Moving Castle - the animation was stunning and the dub was excellent. Although the story felt like there was no major antagonist, only minor ones, such as the Witch of the Waste. That might just be me.

I read the book after I watched HMC, and I seemed to enjoy the film more than the book. It is one of my favourite films.
    Seven years of silence for the Versus epic; and now we have the Fifteenth coming. Cheers.
    {go home homura you are drunk}

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻ Site Staff

I think the focus was more on the moving castle than everything that was going on around it, which is why the antagonists are just there, but who cares about them... if you know what I mean. I actually enjoyed watching something that was not focused on defeating one big bad evil character. ^_^

This is one of the very few movies that i can watch over and over again. It never gets old to me. I haven't seen it a while actually. I must have seen this movie more than 20X.

-Setz-

The Fallen Angel Frimelda Lotice's Avatar

There was a UK run of Ghibli Movies...

My favourite is STILL The Cat Returns.

Damn good movie, I went almost two years without re-watching it. Nostalgia took over.
    Seven years of silence for the Versus epic; and now we have the Fifteenth coming. Cheers.
    {go home homura you are drunk}

I named my car after the wizard, Howl. That is how much I love this movie. I could replay this movie again and again and never become bored of it. :]
    I think that the movie was much better than the book, as a matter of fact. That's usually a rarity.